• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Buy Variants?

Do You Buy Variants?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Buy Variants?

105 posts in this topic

I confess. :acclaim:

I will buy any variant of Adventure Time with Jake and Finn. A, B, C, D. Cons, Exclusives, you name its. Not all the spin off titles, just Jake and Finn. I love the cartoon series, love the comics, brilliant stuff really. The comic cover art is just gorgeous for the most part. I want them all, and you can see my WTB thread and sell me a few variants that I'm missing!

But otherwise, no. Just a money drain. Except for Adventure Time which is totally worth it. Like, totally.

I can't help myself, if there's a new run I'm starting I'll buy the first variant. Currently buying every variant of Batman and Harley New 52. It's getting a tad expensive, especially as I have to work backwards from about 15 as well :/

I have only tried to grab all variants of series like Lazarus, Sex, and Alex + Ada, and some other (Image Comics) story I love. Only because there isnt 10-50 per issue. And its hard to complete Variants if there are rare ones for 100+ However I also grab JSC covers all the time, as I love his art. And if a cool, or funny or sexy variant comes my way and not to much money has to be shed, then I shall buy it! And some convention ones if I can get them cheap. (random I know)

-Kystix

Yes.

1) Batman New 52 to keep my run going. Still looking to get the #1 variant and some of the newer ones. I need about 6 to be current.

2) Harley Quinn.

3) Most variants if done by Jock, J Scott Campbell or Adam Hughes

4) If it's a cover I like

So yes. Yes I do. :)

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

yeah, maybe stupidily.

I've every variant for the latest vol of Amazing Spider-man (excluding all of the #1 variants, that'll come later) and am working on all the variants from 400 +.

Stupid variants. Killing my bank account.

I can be a bit of a sucker for the variants but it depends on how interesting and different they are. I personally collect and read Doctor Who Titan comics, so in those there are tons.

However, whereas some are wildly different from others, and often pretty cool ideas (the recent Bohemian Rhapsody cover with four Doctors was a great idea) I hate the ones which are generic across multiple retailers with only a colour or figure change.

Since my brother collects Amazing Spider-Man I can see the annoyance of multiples for each issue. I can understand lots for key issues, but when its a run of multiple colour and sketch variants for each issue it seems pretty boring.