• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebel Studios Omega #1 ''PREMIERE EDITION'' How Rare?
1 1

57 posts in this topic

From what I have found this is one Tough as Hell book to find in any grade!

And imagine my surprise when I found this on ebay and for how much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-1987-Rebel-Studios-Premiere-Edition-1-VF-NM_W0QQitemZ150405844820QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2304e30f54

Now what was the print run of this book?

Was this a convention exclusive book or was it also available for comic shops?

Is this issue in high demand or is it just the rarity that makes this book command such prices?

Sam, all I know is DON'T order a book from mycomicshop that you hope to be high-grade condition unless it is in a CGC case. Their grading is horrible unless a few rules are in place with a listing, and at this point I don't want to even bother remembering what those were.

Sam, all I know is DON'T order a book from mycomicshop that you hope to be high-grade condition unless it is in a CGC case. Their grading is horrible unless a few rules are in place with a listing, and at this point I don't want to even bother remembering what those were.
I sorta figured that, but I just showed this just as a example of the prices I've seen this book offered for.

All of the copies of this book that I have seen were no better than 9.0. All had color breaking spine stresses. I haven't seen a ton of them, maybe six or seven, but they all were in about this shape. As such I always avoided them, like a ninny. :makepoint:

Is this issue in high demand or is it just the rarity that makes this book command such prices?

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself here - this book doesn't command "such prices" because it hasn't sold at this price. The reason it's priced high is because it's sold by Lone Star - who have zero clue how to price indies. I mean, if Mile High had a copy in stock, I'm sure they'd be asking $500 for it (thumbs u

what is special about the book besides a low print run?

do people want to pay up for the Vigil artwork and/or is the story extra special?

It's the First appearance of Tim Vigil's Faust. If not for that I would not even bother looking for it.

what is special about the book besides a low print run?

do people want to pay up for the Vigil artwork and/or is the story extra special?

It's the First appearance of Tim Vigil's Faust. If not for that I would not even bother looking for it.

ah, that explains everything. i had no idea Faust was in that book.

I just got in Omega Premiere CGC 9.4 (thanks Spirit Radio) I'll post pictures when I get the chance!

Edited by Mr 9.8

I just got in Omega Premiere CGC 9.4 (thanks Spirit Radio) I'll post pictures when I get the chance!

That is probably equivalent to the nicest copy of that book I've seen in 20 years, so congrats!

That is probably equivalent to the nicest copy of that book I've seen in 20 years, so congrats!

Thanks! :acclaim: I checked the census and there are 3 in 9.4 and no higher. Anyone think a raw 9.6 or 9.8 may exist out there? :wishluck:

WHAT!!!! you bought a CGC 9.4 copy :o

And I thought I had a cool big brother :baiting:

:jokealert::roflmao:

TAA-DA! BEHOLD THE AWESOMENESS OF THIS BOOK!!!

IMG_0454.jpg

The scratches are on the case. :blush: I'm thinking of having VIGIL himself sign the book with SILVER ink. :cloud9: