• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebel Studios Omega #1 ''PREMIERE EDITION'' How Rare?
1 1

57 posts in this topic

TAA-DA! BEHOLD THE AWESOMENESS OF THIS BOOK!!!

IMG_0454.jpg

The scratches are on the case. :blush: I'm thinking of having VIGIL himself sign the book with SILVER ink. :cloud9:

In what capacity does Faust actually appear in this book?

IMG_0454.jpg

The scratches are on the case. :blush: I'm thinking of having VIGIL himself sign the book with SILVER ink. :cloud9:

Don't know, but VIGIL himself says FAUST premiered in it.

IMG_0006-3-1.jpg

Ugh! And you believe the creator?

:eyeroll:

lol Well There is a old label CGC 9.6 ( Limited Edition Yellow Thunderbolt) That CGC notes as First appearance of Faust :insane:

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0006-3-1.jpg

Have you actually read it? There's no Faust in it anywhere :shrug:

Omega was originally touted as the first published Vigil artwork. But I thought subsequently it was determined that Dragonquest may have been published before that. I can't remember.

Omega was originally touted as the first published Vigil artwork. But I thought subsequently it was determined that Dragonquest may have been published before that. I can't remember.

Sam and I did some research last night to help him out.

I guess Faust first appears in a very limited distribution copy of Faust 1: Love of the Damned, released in 1988.

Faust 1: Love of the Damned Premiere

Dragonquest #1.

Dragonquest (1986) and Grips (1986) were both published before Omega (1988.)

Dragonquest #1.

Dragonquest (1986) and Grips (1986) were both published before Omega (1988.)

:acclaim:

6 hours ago, MrWeen said:

So there is no Faust comic in Omega 1 or Omega Premiere 1 or both?

I'm seeing references to a five page backup story, so I think he appears in the limited edition (yellow cover).

He's certainly on the back cover of the limited edition, as seen here    https://www.ebay.com/itm/324675672042?hash=item4b982d97ea:g:mx0AAOSwBQdgxkFQ

I think I own the yellow cover... somewhere.   If I can find it I'll post pics of the interior.   I never actually read it because I assumed the contents were the same as the other edition.

Edited by Bronty

21 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I think I own the yellow cover... somewhere.   If I can find it I'll post pics of the interior.   I never actually read it because I assumed the contents were the same as the other edition.

Thank you.  I checked the Premiere and he is not in there but it predates the yellow cover.  I am also not sure why it is called a limited edition as it is a reprint. Vigil himself has said that he appears first in the premiere ed so I am not sure what he is talking about.  The only thing I can think of is that he appears in the third version, the premiere edition signed that has the poster. I cannot confirm this though.

23 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Faust is also on the back cover of Northstar 1 from 1988 and I do not know which came first, the Omega yellow lightning cover or Northstar 1. Thanks for all your help.

35 minutes ago, MrWeen said:

Thank you.  I checked the Premiere and he is not in there but it predates the yellow cover.  I am also not sure why it is called a limited edition as it is a reprint. Vigil himself has said that he appears first in the premiere ed so I am not sure what he is talking about.  The only thing I can think of is that he appears in the third version, the premiere edition signed that has the poster. I cannot confirm this though.

I think the yellow predates the premiere?

I think the order was

yellow

signed premiere

unsigned premiere

- but I could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I think the yellow predates the premiere?

I think the order was

yellow

signed premiere

unsigned premiere

- but I could be wrong.

So this I checked, the premiere was 8/87.  The premiere predates yellow which was 1988 but premiere unsigned limited does not have Faust.  I suspect the signed edition with the poster does but I cannot confirm.

Just now, MrWeen said:

So this I checked, the premiere was 8/87.  The premiere predates yellow which was 1988 but premiere unsigned limited does not have Faust.  I suspect the signed edition with the poster does but I cannot confirm.

I dunno.   I've looked at the signed copies on ebay and some of them show interior pages.   No mention of faust and no pics of faust.

Meanwhile, the yellow cover has faust on the back cover.

Seems more logical to me he'd appear in the yellow.

Further to the above, the Quinn and Vigil description above mentions a 1988 Chicago con where the book first sold.

So if the Premiere is 87, it wouldn't stand to be in that book.   The yellow cover matches 88 as you said, and has the character on the b/c.

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Further to the above, the Quinn and Vigil description above mentions a 1988 Chicago con where the book first sold.

So if the Premiere is 87, it wouldn't stand to be in that book.   The yellow cover matches 88 as you said, and has the character on the b/c.

I thought the same thing but the Premiere was published in 87.  I suspect he is simply saying that they brought the book to that con and no one cared.  I have an interview too where Tim and the writer both say that he first appeared in Premiere, specifically.  So strange.

8 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I dunno.   I've looked at the signed copies on ebay and some of them show interior pages.   No mention of faust and no pics of faust.

Meanwhile, the yellow cover has faust on the back cover.

Seems more logical to me he'd appear in the yellow.

I am inclined to agree unless he is on the poster in the signed ed.