• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebel Studios Omega #1 ''PREMIERE EDITION'' How Rare?
1 1

57 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MrWeen said:

I thought the same thing but the Premiere was published in 87.  I suspect he is simply saying that they brought the book to that con and no one cared.  I have an interview too where Tim and the writer both say that he first appeared in Premiere, specifically.  So strange.

THey may think of both the yellow and red covers as variants ?  Who knows.   If I come across my yellow, I'll look inside.

Omega #1(Yellow Lightning bolt cover) Is the first Appearance of Faust. The Omega Premiere(Black Cover)has nothing in it for Faust. Also here is one of Tim Vigils and Sam Kieth's first self published works from 1985 which is long before any Silverwolf stuff.

access.jpg

CGC-Omega-94-0134437006.jpg

OmegaPremier-96-1172691001.jpg

Edited by underw0rld

I'm pretty new to comics and stumbled into a few copies of the Omega 1 with the lightning bolt cover in excellent condition. They are signed and numbered out of 1000 via a sticker on front inside cover and still have the poster insert they came with. I have a small torrent of questions and hope this is a decent place to ask. 

The only copy I can find currently for sale anywhere (for comparison) is this likely overpriced ebay CGC 9.0 with a green label that says "name and '130/1000' written on paper attached to interior front cover". I assume then that if I get my copies graded they will have a similar green label? There are pictures in this thread of a CGC blue-label lightning bolt, but I'm not sure if there was a version without the sticker and signature? Also the one on ebay looks better than a 9.0 in the pictures, so I'm curious if the sticker and signature are reducing the grade?

Any guesses on what a green label and potential score reduction would do to the sell price? I can only find a single instance of a lightning bolt Omega selling on ebay or elsewhere, and it was a raw copy, so my normal methods for investigating this question are not useful. I've heard that CBCS will potentially verify signatures without witnessing them, would it perhaps be better to send to them instead of CGC?

If I were to send it in to a grading service, should I leave or remove the poster that came folded inside? My tentative plan if I don't get these graded would be to sell them on consignment on mycomicshop, any suggestions for what to do with the poster in that instance? Would they allow me to sell it included with the comic? It seems if I separate the poster from the comic it will be difficult to sell as I can't find any record of the poster being bought or sold alone.

This went on longer than I thought. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any insight that might be offered. 

On 9/29/2021 at 5:52 PM, bayesian_acolyte said:

I'm pretty new to comics and stumbled into a few copies of the Omega 1 with the lightning bolt cover in excellent condition. They are signed and numbered out of 1000 via a sticker on front inside cover and still have the poster insert they came with. I have a small torrent of questions and hope this is a decent place to ask. 

The only copy I can find currently for sale anywhere (for comparison) is this likely overpriced ebay CGC 9.0 with a green label that says "name and '130/1000' written on paper attached to interior front cover". I assume then that if I get my copies graded they will have a similar green label? There are pictures in this thread of a CGC blue-label lightning bolt, but I'm not sure if there was a version without the sticker and signature? Also the one on ebay looks better than a 9.0 in the pictures, so I'm curious if the sticker and signature are reducing the grade?

Any guesses on what a green label and potential score reduction would do to the sell price? I can only find a single instance of a lightning bolt Omega selling on ebay or elsewhere, and it was a raw copy, so my normal methods for investigating this question are not useful. I've heard that CBCS will potentially verify signatures without witnessing them, would it perhaps be better to send to them instead of CGC?

If I were to send it in to a grading service, should I leave or remove the poster that came folded inside? My tentative plan if I don't get these graded would be to sell them on consignment on mycomicshop, any suggestions for what to do with the poster in that instance? Would they allow me to sell it included with the comic? It seems if I separate the poster from the comic it will be difficult to sell as I can't find any record of the poster being bought or sold alone.

This went on longer than I thought. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any insight that might be offered. 

1st dont remove anything 

2nd cgc would give you a green label and ignore the ticker and sig when grading, that's why the label would be green.

3rd you can request a blue label, but then cgc will take into account the sticker and sig when grading and it will come down some grades

4th we dont often mention the competition on the boards, as we're not supposed to or it is frowned upon. That said they offer services and it comes down to personal choice, with still cgc getting market value on most items (thumbsu

On 9/29/2021 at 3:52 PM, bayesian_acolyte said:

I'm pretty new to comics and stumbled into a few copies of the Omega 1 with the lightning bolt cover in excellent condition. They are signed and numbered out of 1000 via a sticker on front inside cover and still have the poster insert they came with.

The only copy I can find currently for sale anywhere (for comparison) is this likely overpriced ebay CGC 9.0 with a green label that says "name and '130/1000' written on paper attached to interior front cover". I assume then that if I get my copies graded they will have a similar green label? There are pictures in this thread of a CGC blue-label lightning bolt, but I'm not sure if there was a version without the sticker and signature? I've heard that CBCS will potentially verify signatures without witnessing them, would it perhaps be better to send to them instead of CGC?

if I don't get these graded would be to sell them on consignment on mycomicshop, any suggestions for what to do with the poster in that instance? Would they allow me to sell it included with the comic? It seems if I separate the poster from the comic it will be difficult to sell as I can't find any record of the poster being bought or sold alone.

Green label Omega Premiere with lightning bolt complete with folded poster insert should be worth the most as limited and signed to 1k copies. Blue label Omega Premiere lightning bolt is the more common unsigned edition but don't know if it was limited to another 1,500 copies or what. Cgc does not verify vintage sigs yet so if you want the Vigil signature verified you have to go with Voldemort grading.

On 9/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, aardvark88 said:

Green label Omega Premiere with lightning bolt complete with folded poster insert should be worth the most as limited and signed to 1k copies. Blue label Omega Premiere lightning bolt is the more common unsigned edition but don't know if it was limited to another 1,500 copies or what. Cgc does not verify vintage sigs yet so if you want the Vigil signature verified you have to go with Voldemort grading.

Wrong. I have a Blue Label 9.6 that is Signed and Numbered. I also posted above my Blue Label 9.4 that is Signed By Tim and David and numbered. My 9.8 had the sticker removed when it was pressed. The sticker has to be removed, due to its size to receive a 9.8. So a Blue Label 9.6 that is both signed and numbered will receive a higher score and be worth more than a Green Label

Edited by underw0rld

This person says their signed and numbered copy came back a green label earlier this year:

There is also the ebay listing I linked above which confirms his story. It appears they have been inconsistent in how they label these. I wonder if there has been a shift in policy or they've just made mistakes because there are so few of these. CGC census lists 13 blues and 2 greens, but it's tough to know how many of those blues were the signed version (I've seen pictures outside this thread of 4 of them and none were signed).

On 10/3/2021 at 11:10 PM, underw0rld said:

Wrong. I have a Blue Label 9.6 that is Signed and Numbered. I also posted above my Blue Label 9.4 that is Signed By Tim and David and numbered. My 9.8 had the sticker removed when it was pressed.

Glad u were able to have CGC verify the writer Quinn's and artist Vigil's signatures (signed before CGC started?). I assume this was a convention CGC witness verification since they no longer verify sigs unless CGC is there.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, bayesian_acolyte said:

Hi! I had a signed copy of the Lighting Bolt variant and inexplicably have lost it. I'd love to take one or more off of your hands. 

On 7/10/2022 at 9:50 AM, Brian Deaton said:

Hi! I had a signed copy of the Lighting Bolt variant and inexplicably have lost it. I'd love to take one or more off of your hands. 

Welcome to the boards :cheers:

I'm hoping you find your books!  :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM