• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2024 at 7:07 PM, Dark Knight said:

Here are my copies. One dark green box, the other lime green.

20231229_142250.jpg

Very nice. My boxes are lime and I prefer that but honestly I never thought about it until you said something. It doesn't seem to affect the other colors right? Maybe one of the greens is actually a 1st print.........no no just joking , just joking. 

On 4/1/2024 at 9:41 PM, Professor K said:

Very nice. My boxes are lime and I prefer that but honestly I never thought about it until you said something. It doesn't seem to affect the other colors right? Maybe one of the greens is actually a 1st print.........no no just joking , just joking. 

Thanks man!  Yeah I was picky about buying my copies.  I wanted to make sure there is no marvel chipping, no yellowing or tanning on the covers, no writing, etc. Yeah, I don't think colors are affected whether it's a lime green or dark green colored box.  It's possible that one of the greens is a 1st print, but I guess no one can prove which one or if it really is true.  So, why not just own both variations lol

On 4/2/2024 at 1:28 AM, Dark Knight said:

Thanks man!  Yeah I was picky about buying my copies.  I wanted to make sure there is no marvel chipping, no yellowing or tanning on the covers, no writing, etc. Yeah, I don't think colors are affected whether it's a lime green or dark green colored box.  It's possible that one of the greens is a 1st print, but I guess no one can prove which one or if it really is true.  So, why not just own both variations lol

Now that's a good attitude (thumbsu I was just messing about the printings in reference to the whole Sup 1 thing we just went through but in reality you never know I suppose. Both look real nice for their grades so yeah being picky is worth the wait. I posted mine a few pages back but here it is again. I couldn't resist having a pedigree so I got it and had it reholdered in gold. Weird though because the gold label makes the white on the cover look a little goldish on the scan even though it's actually quite white . Like it's reflecting on it or something. 

1963-9 X-Men 1 Fantucchio Pedigree.jpg

Beautiful copy Prof X. Looks way better than the assigned grade.  I didn't check the notes on it yet but my guess is possibly some staining somewhere. Yeah the gold label does seem to kinda stain the cover of the book. Tough to find pure white covered copies.  Most are yellowed/tanned from what I can see.  Congrats with the nice pickup!

On 4/2/2024 at 1:45 AM, Dark Knight said:

Beautiful copy Prof X. Looks way better than the assigned grade.  I didn't check the notes on it yet but my guess is possibly some staining somewhere. Yeah the gold label does seem to kinda stain the cover of the book. Tough to find pure white covered copies.  Most are yellowed/tanned from what I can see.  Congrats with the nice pickup!

Thanks, it's ok. For a 5.0 I think. No stains, mainly various creases here and there. I think the front cover crease knocked it down a full grade. I guess Mr Fantucchio read it a few times before he stored it. Most of his books are at least 9.0's. In person it's pretty white, I'd say a 7or 8 out of 10 , 10 being snow white. X-Men one is a book best seen in person before getting I'm sure you'd agree.. You're 7.0 looks pretty darn white. Little whiter than the 6.0 which ain't bad too shabby either. 

This is a cool list I think a boardie created a while back. 

Silver Pedigree Keys

On 1/30/2010 at 10:20 AM, etanick said:

I am going to start this thread now that mine #1 is gone and keep track of as many of the sales as possible like the showcase #22 thread. Feel free to pm me with any sales that I missed. I am just going to focus from 1/2010 forward.

9.4 - Feb CL auction - ?

9.2 - Pedigree - $55,000 (1/10)

9.2 - Feb CL auction - ?

9.0 - Jan CL auction - $22,506 (1/10)

9.0 - CL sale - $22,000 (1/10)

8.5 - Jan CL auction - $12,575 (1/10) mine copy, going to a good home I hope. It has been with me since 2003 but it is time to let it go.

8.5 - Feb Qualitycomix auction - ?

Post your prized X-men #1 folks :applause:

@etanick - oh where, oh where has etanick gone? Oh where, oh where could he be??? Been forever man - hope you are well!

-Nate