• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dead out there?

48 posts in this topic

For me, it takes no more tape than re-taping a pre-used box does. Of course, if I can get it light enough, Priority boxes are nice, but I ship via Media Mail a lot (pre-printed labels from the computer + handing them to my mailman = no checking them at the local PO) and the custom-made box ensures I can get the smallest (and lightest) package available. I just did this for a valiantfans.com member with my Harbinger hardcover. The book was cardboard sandwiched, wrapped in bubble tape, then I used those measurements to build a box about 1/8" bigger on the inside, and it turned out to be a snug fit. I shoulda taken pics of that one, I was sorta proud... see, the double-thick board lets me cut the inside seams out of the first layer of cardboard, and I can even cut the end-piece so there is just a paper layer that wraps around the end, and leaves a nice edge for taping.

I'm pretty sure at least one or two boardies here have gotten a custom-made cardboard box with their purchase in it from me...

hm

-slym

I have gotten hit with 4 deadbeat buyers in the last 10 days, that`s more then my previous 5 years, somethings up.

And I've got this one guy who bought about $100 worth of comics 2 weeks ago today and still hasn't paid for them (he says he's paying tomorrow). The wording in his e-mails indicates that since he's a "repeat buyer" that I should be nice and give him more than the stated 7 days after purchase to pay for them. :mad:

I have gotten hit with 4 deadbeat buyers in the last 10 days, that`s more then my previous 5 years, somethings up.

And I've got this one guy who bought about $100 worth of comics 2 weeks ago today and still hasn't paid for them (he says he's paying tomorrow). The wording in his e-mails indicates that since he's a "repeat buyer" that I should be nice and give him more than the stated 7 days after purchase to pay for them. :mad:

I had that problem too, that's why I stopped selling on ebay.