• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chew Set Scoring - input requested

192 posts in this topic

Let's keep the good spirits we maintained in this thread, as it was really cool to work with everyone without a tremendous fight.

Just a suggestion, as even having Gemma open to letting us control our registry destiny was a great show of customer care.

sHa_grouphug3.gif

I am down for that!

I am on the phone with him right now, it's an error on the site an he will fix it, It's only a print run of 200(I've seen them).

Andrew said he will post here later but gave the go ahead for a quote.

Confirming 200 count print run, I think it's been mentioned before that was even printed inside cover.

In regards to the 3rd print variant cover as it's now been labeled, that detail would be nice to be told about by the publisher up front instead of expecting a #1 variant. I would imagine the publishers, maybe not being registry buffs, probably don't pay much/any attention to that.

I think where the confusion could have been avoided is if Larry's Comics would have noted these books on its site as the Chew 1, 3rd print variant cover. That still makes it special and collectible, but also crystal clear.

Just saying.

I've believe I said it before, he didn't know they were, nor did I as we went through some the day they came out for me to bring to Chicago to be slabbed onsite.

Just saying.

I am on the phone with him right now, it's an error on the site an he will fix it, It's only a print run of 200(I've seen them).

Confirming 200 count print run, I think it's been mentioned before that was even printed inside cover.

In regards to the 3rd print variant cover as it's now been labeled, that detail would be nice to be told about by the publisher up front instead of expecting a #1 variant. I would imagine the publishers, maybe not being registry buffs, probably don't pay much/any attention to that.

I think where the confusion could have been avoided is if Larry's Comics would have noted these books on its site as the Chew 1, 3rd print variant cover. That still makes it special and collectible, but also crystal clear.

Just saying.

I've believe I said it before, he didn't know they were, nor did I as we went through some the day they came out for me to bring to Chicago to be slabbed onsite.

Just saying.

How would I know you said this before? I just started collecting the book. So coming back with that answer is a little off.

But hey, that's your call responding like that. Next time, look the books over as it clearly states "3rd printing" because after seeing the pictures it was very clear.

Just stating!!

Just saying.

Just saying.

How would I know you said this before? I just started collecting the book. So coming back with that answer is a little off.

But hey, that's your call responding like that. Next time, look the books over as it clearly states "3rd printing."

Responding like what? I'm just saying? I had already indicated in my post before that I thought it would be helpful if the publisher providing the book made it clear to the purchaser who may not be sensitive to what printing it is.

Gemma, here is the group summary of how we recommend to change the Chew registry for certain books.

1. Chew 1 first print, Chew 1 Larry's Variant, Chew 1 reprints. The recommended changes are noted in red.

48 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 1st print

32 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 2nd print

32 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 3rd print

36 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 3rd print variant

32 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 4th print

2. Art of Chew, Art of Chew Larry's Variant.

44 points = Art of Chew, Regular Edition

38 points = Art of Chew, Larry's Variant

3. Chew 2, 2nd printing.

After a discussion on this topic, a few said there was no special situation leading to boosting the points on this issue.

Did I miss anything, team?

I'm down with all this, It all seems to be in line with what has been said in the thread and many thanks to everyone who has been in volved in making this a good process.

:whee:

Responding like what? I'm just saying? I had already indicated in my post before that I thought it would be helpful if the publisher providing the book made it clear to the purchaser who may not be sensitive to what printing it is.

Larry's Comics was selling the book directly, right? The comic states "3rd print" on the inside cover - how is this the publisher's fault?

I'm not saying Larry's Comics tried to pull anything, but your response back to me came across like you were offended. That was not the intent. But I think you took it that way.

Anyway, all is clear now.

Gemma, here is the group summary of how we recommend to change the Chew registry for certain books.

1. Chew 1 first print, Chew 1 Larry's Variant, Chew 1 reprints. The recommended changes are noted in red.

48 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 1st print

32 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 2nd print

32 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 3rd print

36 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 3rd print variant

32 points = Chew 1 CGC 9.8, 4th print

2. Art of Chew, Art of Chew Larry's Variant.

44 points = Art of Chew, Regular Edition

38 points = Art of Chew, Larry's Variant

3. Chew 2, 2nd printing.

After a discussion on this topic, a few said there was no special situation leading to boosting the points on this issue.

Did I miss anything, team?

I'm down with all this, It all seems to be in line with what has been said in the thread and many thanks to everyone who has been in volved in making this a good process.

:whee:

No kidding. And everyone that had been involved from the beginning drove this to closure together.

Gold star on everyone's report card.

Larry's Comics was selling the book directly, right? The comic states "3rd print" on the inside cover - how is this the publisher's fault?

I'm not saying Larry's Comics tried to pull anything, but your response back to me came across like you were offended. That was not the intent. But I think you took it that way.

Anyway, all is clear now.

I didn't say it was the publisher's fault, but that it would have been nice for THEM to mention it as part of the process.

Offended? Um, no. Not til your PM. :baiting:

Do double cover books get extra points?

To properly answer a question with a question.....Do you have one and are you selling it to me?

My answer is "No, I do not have one that I am selling to you".

To properly answer a question with a question.....Do you have one and are you selling it to me?

Is it because you do not have one? :baiting:

Too many factors to consider for a yes or no answer. For example if I had one I still might not be selling it to you as we have not yet agreed upon a purchase price.

Too many factors to consider for a yes or no answer. For example if I had one I still might not be selling it to you as we have not yet agreed upon a purchase price.

Just like to be on your customer list :) As for your question I have no idea how the registry treats them.

Anybody have an example of a double cover in the registry? (shrug)

Just like to be on your customer list :) As for your question I have no idea how the registry treats them.

I don't have one(of Chew, anyway), and it was just a general question about the registry, not specific to Chew.

Yep - it gets the same number of points as a non double-cover book.

sandman-50-plat-doublecover-cgc-9.8-f.jpg