• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Thats a nice book! Deserves a new scan with nothing between the book and the scanner! :applause:

The 2 and 4 from the same collection are just as nice....still looking for a nice 3....

One day I'll be brave enough to remove it from it's 25+ year plastic home... :wishluck:

looks like it's in a turtle shell and mylite, which is good storage, just the scan doesnt do it justice.

I used to like those Showcase sealers....the black ones. Unfortunately, I've only got one left...and several books that are worthy.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think this one has been shown before, but I never get tired of seeing this book. I've had this one in my collection for a long time and it remains one of my favorite SA books...

BB-31.jpg

— Rick

I'm convinced these are the nicest copies in existence. To date, no other copies above 8.0 for the GI Combat - and the 'Toth' 9.2 of the Jimmy Olsen pales in comparison. Oh, and the colors are the day they were printed, with full cover gloss and WHITE pages. Enjoy.

94687.jpg.1dfee0ae187e585e1613d35f77dfa742.jpg

94688.jpg.a93cec1e0b59b5bb9487accb7634cb80.jpg

I think this one has been shown before, but I never get tired of seeing this book. I've had this one in my collection for a long time and it remains one of my favorite SA books...

BB-31.jpg

— Rick

Never seen a copy of that issue even close to that condition. What a fantastic, classic cover! Thanks for posting it.

BB-31.jpg

— Rick

Never seen a copy of that issue even close to that condition. What a fantastic, classic cover! Thanks for posting it.

an 8.5 sold for over $1700 recently on Heritage! (worship)

I thought we already had a "show us your ten cent DCs" thread. :baiting:

Not too many Marvels that can approach the scarcity of the early SA DCs. Here's one from '68 rarely found at all, let alone in high grade. The series only lasted 3 issues, and copies of 2 and 3 are even more scarce. I believe #1 is the first SA comic from the big two to not be approved by the Comics Code authority.

Groovy1sale.jpg

Not too many Marvels that can approach the scarcity of the early SA DCs. Here's one from '68 rarely found at all, let alone in high grade. The series only lasted 3 issues, and copies of 2 and 3 are even more scarce. I believe #1 is the first SA comic from the big two to not be approved by the Comics Code authority.

Groovy1sale.jpg

Wow, never even heard of that one.

Trust me, I like the Groovy title but I just checked the census and there are 18 unrestored copies.

Herbie #1, however, only has 5 unrestored copies on the census.

Tough to find at all, let alone in grade. The copy shown here is a Northland 8.5 .

scan0128.jpg