• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

most of the books shown are 10 centers, there are alot of 12 centers than can be very challenging to find in nice shape. Brave and the Bold 52 is one example, I think the 60 is very tough as well:

bb60.jpg

This book uses the name Teen Titans for the first time (making 54 more of a prototype) plus introduces Wonder Girls as a seperate character than Wonder Woman as a girl, plus has a killer black cover. :cloud9:

most of the books shown are 10 centers, there are alot of 12 centers than can be very challenging to find in nice shape. Brave and the Bold 52 is one example, I think the 60 is very tough as well:

bb60.jpg

This book uses the name Teen Titans for the first time (making 54 more of a prototype) plus introduces Wonder Girls as a seperate character than Wonder Woman as a girl, plus has a killer black cover. :cloud9:

I had this book in high grade once upon a time. Can you tell me what is up with Donna's eyes?

Here are several of my better copies of MIS. Simply, just outstanding covers on these Adam Strange issues. Zzutak, that Tales Unexpected 13 that I posted is the Bethlehem copy. Fresh and crisp copy just as it looks. These MIS's all came from the same collection out of Baltimore, Md. years ago which I was lucky enough to get first dibs at.

MYSTY SPACE 55

MYSTY SPACE 56

MYSTY SPACE 57

MYSTY SPACE 58

MYSTY SPACE 60

MYSTY SPACE  61

MYSTY SPACE 64

That's a fantastic Sgt Bilko cover.

Of course, if DC is having success with Bilko, then Atlas surely must produce its own version...Meet Sgt. Barney Barker. Wonderful art by Severin!

SGTBB_01a.jpg

SGTBB_03a.jpg

These are also Bethlehems...fun to think that they probably were stacked right next to that issue of Bilko at one time!

That's a fantastic Sgt Bilko cover.

Of course, if DC is having success with Bilko, then Atlas surely must produce its own version...Meet Sgt. Barney Barker. Wonderful art by Severin!

SGTBB_01a.jpg

SGTBB_03a.jpg

These are also Bethlehems...fun to think that they probably were stacked right next to that issue of Bilko at one time!

Very cool..Never knew this title even existed!