• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Some tough high-grade Wonder Womans!

WW_102.jpg

WW_104.jpg

Ross Andru and Mike Esposito made Wonder Woman look so hot when they first took over the art chores on the title. The powers that be at DC swiftly told them to cut it out though and by issue #105 she was back to looking boxy and masculine.

:censored:

Can't remember if I posted these in here, but they're two super-tough-in-grade books.The blacks on both covers make them especially scarce in grade. Actually, the 100 is just tough in ANY grade. Judging by what an OAAW 112 9.2 (probably pressed and a definite resub of a previously 8.5 copy) just sold for on Comiclink, there are other people aware of just tough it is.

oaaw112.jpg

oaaw100.jpg

Pretty much every Avengers SA book is readily available in HG as long as you can afford it. #21 is a b itch and a half to get in HG though! :frustrated:

I looked FOREVER for one and couldnt find one anywhere until october saved the day and came up with this copy for me. I'd rather have a 9.4-9.6 but there just isnt one for sale ANYWHERE so until the day when 1 shows up for sale, this is the best i can do. Every other issue has had multiple 9.4-9.8's show up for auction in the last 12-15 months except for #21. Easily the hardest HG Avengers to get a hold of imo (thumbs u

aven21.jpg