• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Pretty much every Avengers SA book is readily available in HG as long as you can afford it. #21 is a b itch and a half to get in HG though! :frustrated:

I looked FOREVER for one and couldnt find one anywhere until october saved the day and came up with this copy for me. I'd rather have a 9.4-9.6 but there just isnt one for sale ANYWHERE so until the day when 1 shows up for sale, this is the best i can do. Every other issue has had multiple 9.4-9.8's show up for auction in the last 12-15 months except for #21. Easily the hardest HG Avengers to get a hold of imo (thumbs u

aven21.jpg

This issue is defintely on my want list, just love it.

Pretty much every Avengers SA book is readily available in HG as long as you can afford it. #21 is a b itch and a half to get in HG though! :frustrated:

I looked FOREVER for one and couldnt find one anywhere until october saved the day and came up with this copy for me. I'd rather have a 9.4-9.6 but there just isnt one for sale ANYWHERE so until the day when 1 shows up for sale, this is the best i can do. Every other issue has had multiple 9.4-9.8's show up for auction in the last 12-15 months except for #21. Easily the hardest HG Avengers to get a hold of imo (thumbs u

aven21.jpg

What's in the HA auction next month? :gossip::news:

aven21.jpg

What's in the HA auction next month? :gossip::news:

Yeah, unfortunately i cant afford a freaking Pedigree 11.0!!! lol

Not sure how tough this is but it took me some time to find a decent copy:

ST116CGC92TC.jpg

That is freaking awesome! I don know how rare it actually is since I don't really follow Strange Tales but I can't remember the last time I saw a HG copy for sale much less a Pedigree (worship)

I think you're gonna break the record I set with my Avengers 2 Ped for "Most threads posted in"! :baiting:

lol

ST116CGC92TC.jpg

.....Keith Contarinno had it on his short list of toughest SA Marvels to find in "true" NM back in the old CBM days. Bear in mind that Keith's "true" NM is probably a 9.6 or better.....he's one tough grader. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....Keith Contarinno had it on his short list of toughest SA Marvels to find in "true" NM back in the old CBM days. Bear in mind that Keith's "true" NM is probably a 9.6 or better.....he's one tough grader. GOD BLESS...

Interesting stuff Jimbo, thanks. I wonder what Doug's copy looks like?

Is there a Strange Tales thread? hm

:roflmao:

I'm sure there is! And since it's a Strange Tales, you can definitely throw it in the "books no one else cares about thread" :baiting:

lol

Don't buy into the movie hype Avenger's boy. :baiting:

Hell, Even with a billion dollar movie im still the only person around here that collects that drek :sorry:

Only difference now is insufficiently_thoughtful_person sellers on eBay(and here! (tsk) ) think they can now charge double gpa and i'll jump on it meh

Interesting stuff Jimbo, thanks. I wonder what Doug's copy looks like?

....probably 10.5.......Keith also had ASM 6 on the list.I wish I could remember the rest of the list. We had a discussion about it years ago and Doug actually gave up HIS list....back when he was still posting. I do miss Doug's posts. If I still drank, I think Doug and Keith would both be on my short list of boardies I would like to get "Rat Face" drunk with....although in Doug's case, probably NOT at a collegiate Basketball Tournament lol GOD BLESS...

I really hope that Curator #57 comes out of the wood work. I'm so tempted to buy a copy since I sold mine last year, its a must have in an SA collection.

Thats not nice! :cry:

I really hope that Curator #57 comes out of the wood work. I'm so tempted to buy a copy since I sold mine last year, its a must have in an SA collection.

.....wait till you get a load of my "punishment/thrill" bid on it :baiting: GOD BLESS...

.....wait till you get a load of my "punishment/thrill" bid on it :baiting: GOD BLESS...

Oh, trust me, if that book EVER comes up for auction, NO thrill/punishment or any other bid will even come close to me! :sumo:

Oh, trust me, if that book EVER comes up for auction, NO thrill/punishment or any other bid will even come close to me! :sumo:

....I know THAT'S right lol ......but Surfer has experienced my punishment bids first hand and they are :sumo: .....although we've had a truce for a LONG time now. His punishment bids are no laughing matter either :sorry: GOD BLESS....

True but if i ever find that book, i will drive my enemies before me and hear the lamentations of the women! :sumo:

You could screw up and put an extra 0 at the end of your bid and im still winning that damn book! Without question THE NUMBER 1 book on my radar right now :wishluck: