• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

True but if i ever find that book, i will drive my enemies before me and hear the lamentations of the women! :sumo:

You could screw up and put an extra 0 at the end of your bid and im still winning that damn book! Without question THE NUMBER 1 book on my radar right now :wishluck:

......funny thing is, it's those types of books ....the one's we overpay for, that seem to bail us out in the end. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here are some tough to find books in high grade - from a publisher not mentioned often enough I believe.

Dr. Solar 1 CGC census 7 in grade, 1 better at 9.6

DoctorSolar1CGC94.jpg

Magnus Robot Fighter 1 CGC census 3 in grade, 1 in 9.4, 1 in 9.6

Magnus1CGC92.jpg

Space Family Robinson 1 CGC census 2 in grade, 2 better at 9.0 That's it!

SpaceFamilyRobinson1.jpg

True but if i ever find that book, i will drive my enemies before me and hear the lamentations of the women! :sumo:

You could screw up and put an extra 0 at the end of your bid and im still winning that damn book! Without question THE NUMBER 1 book on my radar right now :wishluck:

Cool...I will throw in a crazy bid too for laughs. lol

Here are some tough to find books in high grade - from a publisher not mentioned often enough I believe.

Stunning the contrast between the population of mainstream Silver Age Marvels and anything and everything else in the CGC census.

(shrug)

Dr. Solar 1 CGC census 7 in grade, 1 better at 9.6

DoctorSolar1CGC94.jpg

Magnus Robot Fighter 1 CGC census 3 in grade, 1 in 9.4, 1 in 9.6

Magnus1CGC92.jpg

SpaceFamilyRobinson1.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how sophisticated those Gold Keys look for 1962. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Stunning the contrast between the population of mainstream Silver Age Marvels and anything and everything else in the CGC census.

(shrug)

its not so different for the early years of marvel if you compare apples to apples. For example, that 1962 doc solar 1 with 7 9.4s and 1 9.6. That's not so different from what you might expect for a 1962 marvel. If you compare to a 1965 marvel, well, all bets are off.

Marvel books from 59-62 are just as scarce in hg as most anything else from that era. 63 it starts to be a different animal, 64 is much much more common, 65 all semblance of scarcity is gone.

The velocity with which these books were gaining popularity (by the month... means that, really, there is even a pretty marked difference between the scarcity of an early 63 and a late 63).

To prove my point, this AA2 I bought the other day is lone high census at just 8.5. There are scarce marvels in hg, even in the hero books. But the year of publication is the overriding factor. If you're not talking 1961, 1962, or maybe very early 63... its not going to be scarce in hg if its a hero book.

Its no accident that the "scarce in hg" hero marvels are hulk 1, JIM 83 & 84, FF1, etc. They are the oldest hero marvels and the few books from that 1961/62 time period where things hadn't taken off yet.

aa2.jpg