• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd McFarlane Airboy?

6 posts in this topic

I think that the Eclipse series definitely increased interest in the Golden Age Air Fighters and Airboy titles. Valkyrie issues were very sought after and the rest of the issues were also in some demand.

I think a popular current series would revive interest in the GA series. Most of those issues are dirt cheap compared with other GA books so I would think they would garner some interest from collectors. Also, the stories in those issues are among the best of the GA.

I think that the Eclipse series definitely increased interest in the Golden Age Air Fighters and Airboy titles. Valkyrie issues were very sought after and the rest of the issues were also in some demand.

I think a popular current series would revive interest in the GA series. Most of those issues are dirt cheap compared with other GA books so I would think they would garner some interest from collectors. Also, the stories in those issues are among the best of the GA.

It increased my interest in obtaining just one copy of a Golden Age Airboy. My father saw my Eclipse Airboy issues a couple months ago. As I talked to him about it I mentioned that it was based on the GA character. He claimed to have never seen that title as a kid, despite having waded through piles of comics he bought/borrowed/traded. I don't have any GA Airboys so someday soon I need to track down a reader copy for him to see and read!

It increased my interest in obtaining just one copy of a Golden Age Airboy. My father saw my Eclipse Airboy issues a couple months ago. As I talked to him about it I mentioned that it was based on the GA character. He claimed to have never seen that title as a kid, despite having waded through piles of comics he bought/borrowed/traded. I don't have any GA Airboys so someday soon I need to track down a reader copy for him to see and read!

If you PM me, I'll send you a reader--I've got a few dupes.

Steve.