• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Omaha" The Cat Dancer
2 2

239 posts in this topic

How in the world is that post the one you chose to go with the offtopic graemlin? It's all just a bunch of random keystrokes to you, isn't it, counselor?

Don't ask questions to which you won't want to know the answer.

Don't tell me which questions I will want an answer to and which ones I won't. Why would you think that I won't want them, I haven't the faintest

How in the world is that post the one you chose to go with the offtopic graemlin? It's all just a bunch of random keystrokes to you, isn't it, counselor?

Don't ask questions to which you won't want to know the answer.

Don't tell me which questions I will want an answer to and which ones I won't. Why would you think that I won't want them, I haven't the faintest

It's like taking the blue pill in the Matrix. There is no Seanfingh, just an endless supply of monkeys, endlessly banging on keyboards, striving for Shakespeare.

I just pulled my copy and it is a first print. I am trying to organize my stuff and found it. My copy looks like a fine maybe a fine+. Does anyone have an idea of what it is worth? Doesn't look like much but am curious. Thanks.

Is the cover price $1.50?

Omaha has a dedicated fan base, and having her 1st appearance in any collectible shape would be desirable.

Not sure of the price, unfortunately.

Yes it has a price of $1.50. It states first print on the interior. I could take a quick picture of the indicia if that helps.

I'm still looking for an real nice BS #9, first print, for my collection. These things are tricky to find.

If I own it than it isn't a "really nice one". I normally nab beat up copies of things. That's my luck but I tend to like that as it has some history or I guess just mis-stored somewhere. hm

I was reading the Omaha the Cat Dancer official site appearance list, and ran across this.

First installment of “The Adventures of Omaha” by Reed Waller appears in Vootie.

Not knowing what "Vootie" was, I researched it further and found this information.

Omaha made her first less-than-prominent appearance in 1978, in the Vootie contribution of cartoonist Reed Waller. Vootie was an amateur press association devoted to funny animals, or furries, or even anthropomorphics, as many fans, perhaps sensitive about their affinity for such a child-associated genre, prefer to call them. An amateur press association puts out a collection of separately-published fanzines, distributed mainly among its members. This one was named after a sound made by an early Mad parody of J. Fred Muggs, a chimpanzee who appeared on the 1950s Today show, and probably the closest real life has to a funny animal.

Has anyone ever happened across this 1st appearance? What's the story behind this Vootie publication other than that minor mention?

I looked around for copies of Vootie for a while with no luck. That is one for the "hardest to find" thread for sure.

There are none in the census that I can find. I wonder how many were printed and how many appearances under this title.

I think it was some sort of fanzine. I think I read there were several issues, at least ten or so. Probably printed in the low hundreds and distributed locally. Was it a Canadian zine? I thought I saw a couple cover images online but I can't remember for sure, could be imagining things. I know I found myself browsing several "furry" websites looking for info about it.

Thanks to this thread I went ahead and ordered the last issue I needed. Now I have Bizzarre Sex 9, Omaha 1-20, Omaha vol. 2 1-4, Images of Omaha 1-2 (or 1-3, I know I have them all, however many there are), and Munden's Bar Annual 2. What else am I missing? I know Bizzarre Sex #5 reprint has an Omaha story