• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Science, weird result

24 posts in this topic

You occasionally get these blips on ebay, where a book goes for way more than it normally does (WS 16 is not particularly rare or that sought after). Looks like a bidding war that got out of control...

You are correct sir.

I collect D. Tracy books and am trying to close out the run this year. Apparently someone else is too. Recently I bid on a nice batch of them on eBay and won 12 of the 13 I was bidding on. The 13th just slipped by me somehow. But the kicker is that most of them sold for right around guide or a little under. Except for this issue. Nothing special about it, but apparently the other bidder really wanted it. It became personal, and I let it get out of hand....

3.5X Guide

Note to self: Avoid a bidding war with Bill. :baiting:

Especially if you don't want the book.

You occasionally get these blips on ebay, where a book goes for way more than it normally does (WS 16 is not particularly rare or that sought after). Looks like a bidding war that got out of control...
Definitely not rare but it is sought after because of the clever concept, design and artistry that Wood brought to the issue.

Definitely not rare but it is sought after because of the clever concept, design and artistry that Wood brought to the issue.

I meant relatively speaking, and as an E.C. fan-addict I am more than aware of how good the cover is, and Wood's genius.

Especially if you don't want the book.

(worship)

Believe it or not, I acutally won that one. Slow shipper just hasn't gotten it here yet

:(

in a bidding war, you definitely want him in your foxhole.

:acclaim:

ciorac - paying too much, and making others pay too much, for 40 years now

:)

Wow, I got on line this morning and found 16 replies to my post.

Great, I thought - a nuanced discussion of the state of the market for EC sci-fi titles has broken out. I'll learn something here...

... or maybe not. lol

Wow, I got on line this morning and found 16 replies to my post.

Great, I thought - a nuanced discussion of the state of the market for EC sci-fi titles has broken out. I'll learn something here...

... or maybe not. lol

the best thing to count on with us , is to not count on anything...that way, it is easy for us to meet or exceed your expectations (thumbs u