• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

Great Psycho #3 Batmiesta.

Tough to find Skywalds in that good of a shape.

Also, much love for Buffyfan's Vampirella puzzle.

Thanks grinin, The cover to Psycho #3 is one of my all time favourites and I have just won the Heartland copy 9.6, in the last Clink auction, I will post it here when I receive it.

I found this a couple days ago in a lot I bought on Craig's List. Can't find it in OSP. Any info?

3stooges0004.jpg

For some reason, none of the Millar hotrod comic mags are in Overstreet. Ebay is a pretty good reference for what they're worth, usually around $8 - $15 in average shape, though some of the very early issues, and ones with TV covers (Batman, Munsters) and/or Wonder Warthog appearances can go for more. Alex Toth also did work in some issues.

Here is a link about Pete Millar worth reading. He started out creating and editing CARtoons for Petersen Publishing ( a hotrod magazine empire), which later published Cycletoons, Hot Rod Cartoons, and Surftoons. Other books in the same format from different publishers competed in the 60s and 70s as well. A once popular niche of comics, that likely due to their magazine size and B/W interiors have been pretty much ignored by comics fandom.

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/resources/longbox/68/

Interestingly, the two short lived titles that were not particularly successful, Big Daddy Roth, and Wonder Warthog Quarterly are more in demand than the longer running Drag Cartoons.

It is from the Heartland Collection and was in the same Clink auction where you won your Psycho 3 - great mag by the way. I wanted to bid on several mags but thought I'd just concentrate on - and put all my $$ - into the Nightmare #1. Glad I did!

I doubt it too, you have the single highest graded copy according to cgc, and only 4 copies graded so far. Are you going after #1 and #3 ? or do you have them already? All three have awesome covers.

I want to see, I want to see...

This is a really cool cover. Never seen it before. It has a classic style like the Ziff-Davis painted covers of the 1950s.