• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, boomtown said:

So, I constantly troll the ebay uk site looking for these oddities, along with all the Marvel Weekly UK titles that you can get in bulk if you are lucky. Usually, the biggest deterrent is the outrageous shipping costs. It pulled up these Dracula New English Library Editions that are kind of scarce (esp. with the poster included). So I went to check what I was going to get hit with on the shipping and realized these were actually shipping from the US, for under $7.

IMG_20211211_145258186.thumb.jpg.a12f10d5062f83f9ea22e6114afcd7d7.jpg

Nice find!  That's a tough set to nail down in high grade.  I think I'm still missing the last 3 issues.  (thumbsu

On 12/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Nice book, Jay!  Basil's work throughout the 50s and 60s is pretty incredible.  :cloud9:

Thanks. I had to get it for the cool London After Midnight vampire. This is one of his later paintings but love those colors and no word blurbs is a plus!

On 12/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Mail call!  I found another copy of this incredible True Crime issue in nice shape and it was way too cheap to pass up.

IMG_6608.thumb.JPG.1e9687fb00f5ca45e9a4ab737bbdff6c.JPG

And this is a new addition to the collection.  I think everyone should take a moment to look at those headlines on the cover.  "A Daring Expose!  Sex on the Witness Chair!"... What the what?  Who doesn't need more answers to that statement??!!  And this is from True Police Files!  Apparently, America was a weird place in 1950.  :sumo:

IMG_6609.thumb.JPG.6cb6bcf106856cad72d3f46bd6838311.JPG 

SASSY  lol 

On 12/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, Randall Dowling said:

A book I've been looking for in nice shape showed up today and I'm very pleased with it.  It was clearly one of the more iconic images from Eerie Publications as they used it again and again on covers over the years.  I've been looking for a nice copy of this (the first issue with this artwork) for at least 10 years!

IMG_6630.thumb.JPG.6527ea3da7fc63ff91df70ca559cef55.JPG

Others are looking at the Weird... I'm thinking "I still need a copy of Creepy #9!" (: