• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to sell a large $$$ book

16 posts in this topic

Looking for some advice on the best avenue to sale a 14K+ book.

Also if a straight auction with a reserve on one of the big sites or a fixed price is better.

Just loooking for some opinions and options.

Thanks

Book is TOS 58 9.4

I don't follow the SA market like I used to, but is TOS 58 really a $14k book?

It went from steadily being in the $1k-$2k range for years, and then all of a sudden, two sales above $12k last year, according to GPA? Sorry, in the current marketplace, I think that's too much of a stretch.

But if I were you, I'd probably try Pedigree or C-link in a fixed price format first and see what sort of interest you generate. In a no-reserve auction, its going to take two very determined bidders to reach or exceed previous sales.

I don't follow the SA market like I used to, but is TOS 58 really a $14k book?

It went from steadily being in the $1k-$2k range for years, and then all of a sudden, two sales above $12k last year, according to GPA? Sorry, in the current marketplace, I think that's too much of a stretch.

Yea, any book that goes from $2K in 2008 to $14K in a single year was being bid on by a handful of deep-pocketed gotta-have-it guys at that specific time; the odds of repeating those sales are long. If you really want to try repeating those prior sales when it has looked from the auctions thus far this year that last year's whales have migrated for now out of the comic book ocean, you'll want to list it at a set price on a site if you want to sell it now. If it were mine, I'd wait until summer to see if the market picks up, May to October or November are prime comic-book buying months. The Iron Man film this summer may generate some renewed interest in that title.

There were DOZENS and DOZENS of sales last year of high grade Marvels that simply cannot be repeated with any consistency for 10 years or more. Dunno who they were, but some rich guys were really tearing it up back then, but they've been absent since November 2009 or so.

Also, and I swear I'm not trying to beat down what is a fantastic book that is deserving of a great sale price, but 2009 was such an anomoly for high grade sales, that I don't know if I'd pin my hopes on getting $14k out of your book based on sales last year. The market has changed.

For example, many of the late run SA Avengers that were bringing $2k+ in 9.8 last year, have had similiar copies fetching about $300 in recent C-link and eBay listings. Not saying the two are comparable, as TOS 58 in 9.4 is an awesome book compared to late run Avengers, but I'd probably curb my enthusiasm if I were in your shoes.

That said, I'd be very happy for you if the market proved me wrong. (thumbs u

That said, I'd be very happy for you if the market proved me wrong. (thumbs u

I wouldn't. Those rich guys from last year need to GTFO out of my friggin' hobby and stop unrealistically skewing the market...I've got RUNS I want to fill! :sumo: