• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another 80's Video Game that has reached the $10,000 mark

98 posts in this topic

I just don't see saturn collecting ever getting too big. Sega's dead my friends.

So is Atari and are'nt we talking about how one of those games just hit 5 figures.

SNK is another example, the company is now very low profile but go research the cost of old Neo Geo games. The price of those will make your brain fall out of your skull. Sega has a much bigger fan base in comparision. Let's not even get into onscure systems like the Atari Jaguar and it's CD add on.

That's kind of like saying that since Timely is no longer a company(Marvel does not count) that those old Timely comics should'nt be worth much.

No...

saturn wasn't popular then. isn't popular now. those rpg's you mentioned really haven't had much in the way of sequels of any note.

I'm aware of the neo scene. The sega scene is a far cry from it. Most sega collectors seem to get physically ill at the thought of spending 50 bucks let alone 50 grand.

No...

saturn wasn't popular then. isn't popular now. those rpg's you mentioned really haven't had much in the way of sequels of any note.

I'm aware of the neo scene. The sega scene is a far cry from it. Most sega collectors seem to get physically ill at the thought of spending 50 bucks let alone 50 grand.

You're a Nintendo guy, you're avatar speaks for itself. You should'nt let your bias get in the way of the facts. Remember, NONE of these are sealed copies. Imagine the increase in value when they surface.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shining-Force-III-3-SEGA-Saturn-US-NTSC-T-13_W0QQitemZ140396331305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item20b0460129

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panzer-Dragoon-Saga-II-Zwei-Set-Complete-Sega-Saturn_W0QQitemZ110489223578QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?hash=item19b9abc19a

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Force-Sega-Saturn-Video-Game-Manual-RARE-RPG_W0QQitemZ380212918913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item588674ba81

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURNING-RANGERS-Sega-Saturn-COMPLETE-GREAT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ190386577183QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item2c53ec9f1f

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-SATURN-SYSTEM-CONSOLE-BRAND-NEW-NEVER-USED_W0QQitemZ150428729730QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item2306404182

that's the thing - there won't BE that much of a sealed premium. you're talking to me like I've never seen a sega game. Not to be an a-hole but I'll bet I've bought and sold more sealed sega than you. :foryou:

I like sega well enough (liking nintendo doesn't mean I hate everything else?) but from my direct experience in buying in sealed sega, I'm not holding my breath in it doing anything but lagging behind value wise, at least on a relative basis. You can buy a sealed phantasy star 4 for about the same price today you would have paid five years ago.

No...

You're a Nintendo guy, you're avatar speaks for itself. You should'nt let your bias get in the way of the facts. Remember, NONE of these are sealed copies. Imagine the increase in value when they surface.

No use arguing with the NES people. They have their mind set that their stuff is the only stuff good enough to collect for, and feel the need at every opportunity to dump on other systems. Just look at this thread as an example of what the average NES, and SNES person thinks of other systems. Atari 2600 people for the most part on the other hand are cool with whatever you collect.

We feel no need to rip on other systems, and their collection of games. In fact Atari 2600 people are so civil about other systems that we get NES fanboys from time to time actually going on AtariAge to mouth off about how they would rather play the NES than the Atari 2600. Even in the threads dedicated for the Atari 2600. Our reaction is usually great for you the NES has a great selection of games, and good luck with your collecting goals. We have no need to try to flame back. On the other hand if someone were to say how the Atari 2600 games are so much better than the NES, I am sure that the people at NintendoAge would publicaly flame said poster, with a possible banning.

No...

No use arguing with the NES people. They have their mind set that their stuff is the only stuff good enough to collect for, and feel the need at every opportunity to dump on other systems. Just look at this thread as an example of what the average NES, and SNES person thinks of other systems. Atari 2600 people for the most part on the other hand are cool with whatever you collect.

We feel no need to rip on other systems, and their collection of games. In fact Atari 2600 people are so civil about other systems that we get NES fanboys from time to time actually going on AtariAge to mouth off about how they would rather play the NES than the Atari 2600. Even in the threads dedicated for the Atari 2600. Our reaction is usually great for you the NES has a great selection of games, and good luck with your collecting goals. We have no need to try to flame back. On the other hand if someone were to say how the Atari 2600 games are so much better than the NES, I am sure that the people at NintendoAge would publicaly flame said poster, with a possible banning.

Why ya gotta go there? STFU with these "stuck up nes people" comments :foryou: You're not "being civil" you're ripping on "nes people" every chance you get. I'm not ripping on sega and as somebody who has collected sega, why would I?

What I am saying if either of you guys actually listen is that most of the sealed sega prices have barely seen an uptick since eight years ago when I started collecting. At this point I'm not holding my breath and I don't think boboset should either, let alone think of saturn rpgs as a sure thing.

To bring it back to the initial point, playstation will SPOONING TROUNCE saturn over the long haul. Sega sure as heck can't possibly get any cheaper so maybe it will go up a little over time (?) but playstation will be strong, andrew's not wrong about that.

The first diagnosed case of Atari Persecution Complex. I'll start a wiki...

yeah, there's a hafl decent market for gameboy. as a naked cart won't be worth much though.

edit - oh oops you said boxed. will have some value, not a ton but twenty bucks maybe?