• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Collects GA?

47 posts in this topic

shill bidding is only on Ebay Heritage has the right to bid on any item at any given time for any reason (according to their provisions) Read all the fine print before you place a bid and dont expect any bargains all the books seem to move up to at least guide price right before the auctions close. With the sheer amount of books they have up you would think a few would slip past at a significant discount below guide. Think again, and the live and phone bidding isnt finished. Oh well I expect they will eventually suffer for these shoddy practices. At least on Ebay with no reserve auctions you may have a chance to pick up some stuff at decent if not even bargain prices. Chet

sorry about the last post I forgot to sign in and my comment about shill bidding was meant to be sarcastic Now back to the main topic or to juice it up some. What are the elements to a killer Golden Age cover? My favorites are hooded villains (love those Schomburg KKK looking dudes) , wild Nazi ghouls (just look at Pep 34) , women in bondage preferably on a torture device of some type (what would Freud say about this one?) With those in mind I am in love with MLJ's. Man I just wish they were a little more plentiful. Timely's pop up n Ebay each and every week in low to high grade. Sometimes weeks go by before I see a decent Zip or Pep and never mind Hangman!!! Chet

What are the elements to a killer Golden Age cover?

Awwww - anyway - for me it is a cover (and keep in mind pre-code horror - so if we wanna call it GA then LATE GA) ... it is a cover that makes you stop...look at it...and shudderingly relate to whomever is being horror'ed. It is why the Menace 11 and the Mister Mystery 13 are amoung my absolute favorites.