• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turok Son of Stone Collecting Thread !!
2 2

374 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2023 at 9:51 PM, Semicentennial said:

10 and 15 cents covers

9r2qcyt.jpg

55tYwEC.jpg

h3wRgrE.jpg

UsUJ5Od.jpg rzxZXrn.jpg

Nice dislay.

Issue 6 has a date variant while issues 7 through 12 have both 10 cent and 15 cent cover pricing.

CGC lists a Turok #17 as a Canadian Variant.  Does anyone have any intel on this?

Edited by pemart1966

On 6/5/2023 at 5:10 AM, pemart1966 said:

Nice dislay.

Issue 6 has a date variant while issues 7 through 12 have both 10 cent and 15 cent cover pricing.

CGC lists a Turok #17 as a Canadian Variant.  Does anyone have any intel on this?

I have a #7 15 cents cover somewhere.  It took some time to find that.  I'm not saying it's more rare than the others, but it's always that last issue in the set that's hardest to track down.  

On 10/1/2023 at 11:50 AM, Pontoon said:

Congrats! Nice book. I think you got it for a decent price.

Thank you. Based on the others I was happy with the price. I can keep an eye on an upgrade.

On 6/5/2023 at 5:03 PM, Semicentennial said:

I have a #7 15 cents cover somewhere.  It took some time to find that.  I'm not saying it's more rare than the others, but it's always that last issue in the set that's hardest to track down.  

...and...if you're like me...after FINALLY finding the book several of them pop up.  :pullhair:

For Turok - Does anyone have a list of which Gold Key, Western, whatever are reprints? I see the list in OSPG, but it seems to conflict with what can be found in the GCD. Or a link to a website which lists the reprints?

I really don't collect reprints, even if they have a modified cover.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:03 PM, lizards2 said:

For Turok - Does anyone have a list of which Gold Key, Western, whatever are reprints? I see the list in OSPG, but it seems to conflict with what can be found in the GCD. Or a link to a website which lists the reprints?

I really don't collect reprints, even if they have a modified cover.

I didn't know there were discrepancies between the two. That would be a handy list to have. I imagine there's probably an exception, but I think the majority (maybe even all) of the reprint issues kept the same covers as the original.