• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gem City Con

47 posts in this topic

I went, I saw, I conquered, I'm ready for bed :(

Got to see

Mike Bray

ComicCityTn

Peter Palmer

Gwen Stacy

Alphatrion

Nina

seanfingh

buck biggins

whovione :signofftopic: Man the seanfingh cross examination of Jared was worth the trip. Classic.

whovione :signofftopic: Man the seanfingh cross examination of Jared was worth the trip. Classic.

It wasn't all that. Just a couple very pointed questions. Hopefully, the transaction is good to go.

Motor City was there with every old book possible it seemed like from GA to Copper. I saw at least 4 copies of TNMT #1 and tons of GA I have never seen before.

John Haines had a big booth but I didn't stop. Lots of SA. There was also a ton of bronze in bad shape for good shape prices.

The sketchies were in full force. I think I took in about 15 as a CAW. Valentino, Scott and Medors were producing some excellent work.

Tom Nguyen was putting out some fine commissions.

Overall I could only find 8 books and went home with 3/4 of the money I walked in with. No big deal as I love that one day show and had fun hanging out with little pirate, sean and the sketchies (peter palmer, alphatrion, gwen stacy and nina)

I picked this up. Unrestored.

DetectiveComics37.jpg

bad pic, colors were popping. I will also disclose the price via PM to anyone wanting to donate $20 to heroes initiative. :)

It wasn't all that. Just a couple very pointed questions. Hopefully, the transaction is good to go.

I had my head down trying not to laugh. I thought it was great.

:roflmao:

Yeah...I didn't bring much cash thinking I only pick up a few $10 books or so. It figures, I would see this in the first half hour. So I handed over all my cash as a down deposit as he couldn't take plastic. I will be picking it up this week at C2E2.

The book is a low grade copy that presents very well and is unrestored. The chip to the bottom left is included should I restore the book.

Yesterday was great. I will say I have never seen more VF- raw books with NM+ price tags on them. It seems like Norman Vincent Peale was responsible for the pricing. The dealers were visualizing the books as they hoped they were, instead of how they really were. :P

I had a great time. It was good seeing you Sean, Anthony, Cheetah(forgot your first name, sorry) and Mike.

Something that happened yesterday.

I was at one table looking at later run Unknown Soliders books. The guy had like 10 copies of ever issue past 220. All price at $5.

I’m thinking this table will complete my high grade of Unknown Soldier. Well, after 30 minutes I gave up. I didn’t see one copy above 9.0. Why would someone have 10 copies of every issue in 8.0-9.0?

Yesterday was great. I will say I have never seen more VF- raw books with NM+ price tags on them. It seems like Norman Vincent Peale was responsible for the pricing. The dealers were visualizing the books as they hoped they were, instead of how they really were. :P

My thoughts exactly. Left with a few minor purchases but mostly disappointed with pricing/grading. My son got a Don Rosa sketch and I got a signed print for my daughter. Had a lot of fun but left with most of my money. Oh well, bigger wad for c2e2.

I had a great time. It was good seeing you Sean, Anthony and Mike.

Something that happened yesterday.

I was at one table looking at later run Unknown Soliders books. The guy had like 10 copies of ever issue past 220. All price at $5.

I’m thinking this table will complete my high grade of Unknown Soldier. Well, after 30 minutes I gave up. I didn’t see one copy above 9.0. Why would someone have 10 copies of every issue in 8.0-9.0?

Poor storage and handling? :shrug: Spinner rack damaged copies? :shrug: