• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is Your Favorite Vampirella (Warren) Cover?

What is your favorite classic Vampirella magazine cover? (images to follow below)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite classic Vampirella magazine cover? (images to follow below)

33 posts in this topic

Vampi 36. Mmmmmm....Queen of Hearts.

There are some great covers in that series and some great artists worked on them. What decided it for me was the triple whammy of the Queen of Hearts front cover and the inside front and back cover art done by Jose Gonzalez.

v36r.jpg

v36rr.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

*BUMP*

Come on guys, who the 893censored-thumb.gif cares if Spidey could kick Wolvie's 893censored-thumb.gif or vice versa!! What, are we like 12 years old or something? Check out these gorgeous covers instead and vote in my poll!!

Gene

#28 is my personal favorite because of the lush backgrounds and the amazing facial expression/detail that Enrich captured on Vampi's face. However, I think #19 has the single best image of Vampi - a full head-to-toe shot in costume...a truly iconic image! If that cover had a background to it, or perhaps no background (i.e., anything but the photo montage shown), I think it could have edged out #28 for my pick.

Man, Frazetta's getting no respect! To be fair, he did better covers for Vampirella, but none which actually featured Vampi (and were thus excluded). I wonder if the version of the Vampi #1 cover below would have garnered any more respect? This image can be found in the book "Frank Frazetta - ICON". According to the book, Frank thought Vampi's costume was silly, so he painted her nude over it (yes, over the original painting). The cover was sold at auction in this form about a dozen years ago and Frazetta offered to repaint Vampi to her original state, but the new owner preferred to keep her, um, in all her glory.

394010-Frazetta%20Vampi%201%20Cover%20Painted%20Over.jpg

589a8bd42f126_394010-FrazettaVampi1CoverPaintedOver.jpg.bd66735bebee2c06510bee79a51eb925.jpg

I can't believe the Vampi #12 cover isn't getting any loving from the fans here...the author of the 2001 book "The Warren Companion" voted that one not only the best Vampirella cover ever, but the best Warren cover ever. Pretty high praise considering all the covers that Frazetta did for Warren.

Gene

28 is definately the most appealing artisticly, but for pure sex appeal it has to be 36. grin.gif ...and after all isn't that the reason Vampi is so popular? devil.gif

Well, if you liked #36, how about #34 (by Enrich)? grin.gif

394751-034.jpg

394751-034.jpg.beab5a6185be278239c7c4571ee6b274.jpg