• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2022 at 11:20 PM, piper said:

I know that I said that I would never own a Hulk 1 but I was able to work out a trade with @bedrockcomics . I flew down to Houston and picked up the book today.

Thanks Rich!

30169114-75E1-4C5D-AA9A-D12B31EDB99B.jpeg

Thanks for the trade, John. It was great to see you and hang out for a bit as well.

@bedrockcomics is a different dealer, probably a great guy, but not the one who traded away a Hulk #1 for a bag of magic beans.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:20 PM, WNY said:

I will pile on… I got mine thanks to @alexgross.com. We don’t have a picture together though… thanks for the awesome book Alex! 

B1C2AA26-A23F-4570-8229-7F9813F75C1D.jpeg.77caf38fd23527ac8310201d75c9e7c6.jpeg

Very nice! :golfclap:

On 12/17/2022 at 11:16 AM, GAMBIT said:

Never hurts to boast about this membership card!

**best looking 5.0 I've ever had :cloud9:**

image.jpeg.da9057dc838b405f18ab74c32eb2cd90.jpeg

Wow!!  You are right, it looks amazing.  The dark cover on this book is notorious for glaring defects on the spine especially -- I've seen 7.0s that look way worse.

What are the defects knocking the grade down?

On 3/12/2023 at 10:53 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

47K I agree for white pages on Hulk in 5.5 not sure sure it would be that much otherwise. White pages is tough on this book in any grade.

Not really.  White pages are fairly common for this book. Same with JIM 83, FF 5, and others.  Shouldn't be getting much of a premium at all.  Now AF 15 in white pages is rare and in my opinion should get a nice bump in value.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:13 PM, Dark Knight said:

Not really.  White pages are fairly common for this book. Same with JIM 83, FF 5, and others.  Shouldn't be getting much of a premium at all.  Now AF 15 in white pages is rare and in my opinion should get a nice bump in value.

Agreed. AF15 seems to be a tougher book to get CGC "designated" WHITE pages. Silver age DCs are also challenge to garner CGC WHITE pages. 

Edited by Primetime

On 3/12/2023 at 1:13 PM, Dark Knight said:

i agree that its not super hard to find WP on hulk1 though i would not use the word common. i disagree that WP copies are not worth much premium over any other page quality copy, all other things (presentation) being equal. many collectors only want wp copies and will pay a good deal more for them, esp on key books, regardless of difficulty in obtaining one.