• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

Not in hand yet but coming. Now I'm down to X-Men #1, Spidey #1 and AF #15 to have all the Marvel SA keys.

journeyintomystery83cgc30ow.jpg

What a great looking 3.0!

I'm done to just missing a copy of FF1 and I should have all of the major SA Marvel keys at this point. :grin:

And this one's a nice FR/GD so it'll fit right in with the rest of mine low grade babies.

Well, this copy arrived... and I had to return it due to some undisclosed defects that were dealbreakers for me. :sorry

Should be arriving shortly...

ThorJIM83_3.jpg

So I upgraded to THIS copy tonight! Looks like it need a signature on it though... hm

jim83crf.jpg

Well, this copy arrived... and I had to return it due to some undisclosed defects that were dealbreakers for me. :sorry

Should be arriving shortly...

ThorJIM83_3.jpg

So I upgraded to THIS copy tonight! Looks like it need a signature on it though... hm

jim83crf.jpg

:applause: (thumbs u

Edited by tortoise

:applause:

Always a good book to have, but as the grade is obvious from the defects, I'm curious what the undisclosed defects were.

I can tell you: first, the cover HAD to have been brittle. When it arrived, there was one large piece that'd flaked off and then it looked like all around the spine splits it was becoming really brittle. It just did not feel like it was going to hold together.

Additionally, there was a large tear running more than halfway across one of the interior pages. Now, this is a defect I really hate and I wasn't told about it. Between those two problems, I felt the grade was 0.5 lower than advertised... and I wouldn't have bought it had those two issues been made known.

But the dealer was 100% fine with it and was very apologetic with having missed the torn page and issued the refund. I have no bad feelings on the matter since the customer service was solid.

Edited by Mac Man