• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

Wow someone just made a killing with this Ebay win.  The JIM 83 was kind of lost within the auction I guess.

The JIM 83 is low grade (looks like it was used as a cutting board), probably only a 1.0-1.5, but at $2380 for the win..... that's a steal.  I had a tracker bid on it but forgot to go for it at the end :facepalm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134152876588?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On 6/29/2022 at 7:33 AM, gadzukes said:

Wow someone just made a killing with this Ebay win.  The JIM 83 was kind of lost within the auction I guess.

The JIM 83 is low grade (looks like it was used as a cutting board), probably only a 1.0-1.5, but at $2380 for the win..... that's a steal.  I had a tracker bid on it but forgot to go for it at the end :facepalm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134152876588?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Missing 1st page it says in description :shiftyeyes:

On 3/11/2023 at 7:39 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Time to buy in the SA age mega keys I sold my JIM83 CGC 6.0 for 27k last year one just sold in the same grade 18k.

Couldn't agree more as the market is an absolute playground of fun for collector's vs the last few years.   Definitely time to consider moving a bunch of books that are "replaceable" to try and pick up a book or perhaps two books that were out of reach the last several years.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:55 PM, Dark Knight said:

This 7.0 copy ended for a very strong price :whatthe:.  Last few 7.0's have sold in the $40k range.  I wonder why this copy was so special.

Screenshot (78).png

Was that sold on Heritage ? If so, is that the the price with the buyer's premium? I believe they ship outside the USA where most other large houses do not, that could be why.

Edited by maraxusofkeld

On 4/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

Was that sold on Heritage ? If so, is that the the price with the buyer's premium? I believe they ship outside the USA where most other large houses do not, that could be why.

No Comicconnect. Price for JIM 83 has gone down quite a bit since then.

On 4/23/2023 at 9:19 PM, DomUga said:

Take me out of the club.. Sold my 4.0 :( 

Now looking for an upgrade. 5.0-6.0 

On 5/13/2023 at 12:09 AM, DomUga said:

Back in the club :banana:

2252E9CD-0A32-487B-B65A-FB5D64C54E56.jpeg

the-simpsons-bart-simpson.gif.970aff2f2e552f94ce2a7e2aebf0af10.gif

Seriously, very nice! :headbang:

I was trying to get into the club with that 8.5 W on CC last night but they raised the price of admission so the bouncer ushered me out.  If one of you picked it up (or that ungodly 9.4) and has a 7.5/8.0 OW-W or better undercopy to sell, LMK and I might still be able to walk in the front instead of jimmying the back door.