• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

Well, just got this puppy graded. Cover is as blue and bright as any fresh copy I have ever seen when held in hand. It just looks a little grey in the scan.

:cloud9:

Did you use a time machine to acquire this one Roy? hm

(worship)

It's part of a nice original owner collection I picked up. The Marvels were surprisingly fresh and white.

Well, just got this puppy graded. Cover is as blue and bright as any fresh copy I have ever seen when held in hand. It just looks a little grey in the scan.

JourneyIntoMystery83CGC90white.jpg

Will you take time payments... say over the course of 30 years? :wishluck:

[font:Verdana]Stunning Book!!![/font]

Looks like it needs a signature on it though... hm

jim83crf.jpg

And a signature it received!

DSCN6847.jpg

This is one of those books where you DEFINITELY buy the book and not the grade. Won't find many 1.0s looking ANYTHING like this copy. I still have issues with a book having a coupon cut out and it receiving an automatic 1.0. 2c

Anyhow, a welcome addition to the family and with my GRR copy in hand, I'll be able to enjoy the interior too!

I day left in the CLINK auction and we're at $61,921 for the 9.2...think it'll reach $75K?? :o

RADE8AD3201124_131211.jpg

The final gavel price for that one was....... $82,800 !!! :ohnoez:

C-Link had another CGC 9.2, with a much better centered cover but with OW-W pages, that sold for $75,000 around the same time. Beauty eh?

RADA07D02011228_161625.jpg

Ohhhh how I just hate having to be on the outside looking in. :frustrated:

For now, I'll have to be satisfied with my raw VG+ copy I bought back in 1998, not long before I took a decade-long break from comic collecting. I guess that puts me in this Club, but I haven't got around to getting a scan for it yet. I'm still hoping to be able to buy a slabbed, mid-grade copy though.

Looks like it needs a signature on it though... hm

jim83crf.jpg

And a signature it received!

DSCN6847.jpg

This is one of those books where you DEFINITELY buy the book and not the grade. Won't find many 1.0s looking ANYTHING like this copy. I still have issues with a book having a coupon cut out and it receiving an automatic 1.0. 2c

Anyhow, a welcome addition to the family and with my GRR copy in hand, I'll be able to enjoy the interior too!

:applause:

JourneyIntoMystery83CGC90white.jpg

:o

(worship)

roy

youve sure got a great knack of finding great OO books.

keep up the good work!

is your 9.0 JIM 83 for sale??

It was for sale.

:shy:

My raw copy is not so great with cover off on one staple and centerfold off on both staples with folds and tears on the CF edge as a result. I couldn't tell you its grade only that it looks like it was well loved by its reader.

110388.jpg.d868712f307ab16583eb4b33cb9e1de3.jpg