• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

995 posts in this topic

Here is my entry - with a question. I bought this years ago already slabbed, and I have always wondered as to why it only grades out to a 1.0 ( I never cracked the slab and inspected it, obviously). The cover looks quite sharp except from the chipping on the spine and the tape pull. It may be detached, but is complete and it seems like a 1.0 is a pretty harsh grade. I would welcome any feedback from the group.

jim83front.jpg

jim83back.jpg

Here is my entry - with a question. I bought this years ago already slabbed, and I have always wondered as to why it only grades out to a 1.0 ( I never cracked the slab and inspected it, obviously). The cover looks quite sharp except from the chipping on the spine and the tape pull. It may be detached, but is complete and it seems like a 1.0 is a pretty harsh grade. I would welcome any feedback from the group.

jim83front.jpg

jim83back.jpg

missing pieces and water damage kill it. 1.0 may be harsh (PGX is a joke) but I don't think it would grade much better. I see it as a 1.5 but it presents really well.

I felt it's high time that this thread received a much deserved bump!

Here's my latest, and undoubtedly, my most sentimental acquisition of them all !!! :banana::banana::banana:

jim83cgc65.jpg

I'm soooooo much on :cloud9: for having finally acquired a much needed upgrade of this book (bought from the boards here, a great place!).

This one's a keeper for me! Thanks G.A.tor !

:whee:

Here's my latest, and undoubtedly, my most sentimental acquisition of them all !!! :banana::banana::banana:

jim83cgc65.jpg

I'm soooooo much on :cloud9: for having finally acquired a much needed upgrade of this book (bought from the boards here, a great place!).

Awesome,I'll be getting mine from G.A.tor at SDCC this year. (worship)

jim83cgc65.jpg

NICEEEE copy! :headbang::headbang::headbang: Congrats!!!! :applause::applause:

Thanks guys! I'm so glad I finally got that purchase done with! :acclaim:

Awesome. I'll be getting mine from G.A.tor at SDCC this year. (worship)

At SDCC? You must have a lot of patience if you're willing to wait till the summer. However, I'm sure it will be worth the long wait!

BTW, what's the grade and PQ of that copy you're getting?

At SDCC? You must have a lot of patience if you're willing to wait till the summer. However, I'm sure it will be worth the long wait!

Still to be determined!

jim83cgc65.jpg

NICEEEE copy! :headbang::headbang::headbang: Congrats!!!! :applause::applause:

Beautiful copy! :headbang:

Still to be determined!

I would like to get 3.0-3.5,but Rick is on the lookout for me.There are two reasons why I wait till SDCC.I have to save up for the book,and I like to get it in hand without dealing with the mail.

Still to be determined!

I would like to get 3.0-3.5,but Rick is on the lookout for me.There are two reasons why I wait till SDCC.I have to save up for the book,and I like to get it in hand without dealing with the mail.

Understandable. Speaking of which, there is a Toronto Con (not a major one though) happening this weekend. I didn't attend today,

thinking I wasn't going to find exactly what I'm looking for regarding JIM#83, etc. I might check it out tomorrow though just out of curiosity.

jim83cgc65.jpg

Very sharp copy!! :applause: