• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your glods!

42 posts in this topic

That cap 34 is sweet, never seen anything like it.

i'm obviously with y'all; this is one time the green label enhances, as opposed to detracts, at least for me. somebody would have to have alot of green in mind, and i don't mean the label, if they thought they were getting it out of my short-box.

I wouldn't sell it if it were mine unless I got a "Godfather" offer. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Just out of curiosity, did you pay a green label price or a premium because it is so unique, striking, etc...? (Feel free to ignore price question.)

bought it raw 15 or so years ago. i don't slab books as a rule, tho' i buy a ton that are in plastic. this one i did cuz i was so curious as to what they'd do with the grade, plus i thought, but wasn't positive, that it was the ohio. i paid something like $300, as i recall.

Thanks for the info. Curiosity satisfied.

I think we need a moratorium on posting World's Finest covers between 50 and 75 because everytime I see them, I say, "Want one!" and I know how impossible they are to find.

seconded.

that cap 34 gives me a headache

like heterosexuality, you'll eventually come around to it.

:signfunny:

you've met billy right... the only guy in high school that had a tougher time getting a date with a girl was the head cheerleader

astonishing4cgc60qow-w.jpg

This looks very nice. Did it get a 6.0 because new and not vintage staples were used? ( I am assuming, probably incorrectly, that CGC treats staples similar to Overstreet grading standards).

My understanding is it is GLOD because of using vintage staples. Would have been a PLOD with new staples.

This looks very nice. Did it get a 6.0 because new and not vintage staples were used? ( I am assuming, probably incorrectly, that CGC treats staples similar to Overstreet grading standards).

My understanding is it is GLOD because of using vintage staples. Would have been a PLOD with new staples.

But if you go back and read old Overstreet guides, replacing staples with vintage staples up to Fine was a-okay.

But if you go back and read old Overstreet guides, replacing staples with vintage staples up to Fine was a-okay.

Maybe I'm missing something. Overstreet #39 says ANY staple can be used up to Fine. Only VINTAGE staples from VF to NM and ORIGINAL staples for Mint books. That would imply that yours has non-vintage staples. Someone please clarify if I am misunderstanding this.

Maybe I'm missing something. Overstreet #39 says ANY staple can be used up to Fine. Only VINTAGE staples from VF to NM and ORIGINAL staples for Mint books. That would imply that yours has non-vintage staples. Someone please clarify if I am misunderstanding this.

cgc doesn't 100% follow overstreet (thumbs u

This is the only GLOD I own. If the 2 additional staples removed this book would have a blue label since the orginal middle staple is still intact.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

How much of a grade hit would that book take if you removed the extra staples to make it into a blue label? It seems to me that it would be worth the minor effort even if the book were reduced to a 7.0 or 7.5.

This is the only GLOD I own. If the 2 additional staples removed this book would have a blue label since the orginal middle staple is still intact.

How much of a grade hit would that book take if you removed the extra staples to make it into a blue label? It seems to me that it would be worth the minor effort even if the book were reduced to a 7.0 or 7.5.

I would say probably a 7.0