• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your glods!

42 posts in this topic

astonishing4cgc60qow-w.jpg

This looks very nice. Did it get a 6.0 because new and not vintage staples were used? ( I am assuming, probably incorrectly, that CGC treats staples similar to Overstreet grading standards).

My understanding is it is GLOD because of using vintage staples. Would have been a PLOD with new staples.

But if you go back and read old Overstreet guides, replacing staples with vintage staples up to Fine was a-okay.

Maybe I'm missing something. Overstreet #39 says ANY staple can be used up to Fine. Only VINTAGE staples from VF to NM and ORIGINAL staples for Mint books. That would imply that yours has non-vintage staples. Someone please clarify if I am misunderstanding this.

cgc doesn't 100% follow overstreet (thumbs u

I see that now. How about a theoretical situation where a long time major dealer sells a raw 9.0 comic with replaced vintage staples. According to Overstreet it is perfectly fine but CGC would Qualify it, lowering the perceived value. The dealer may not be trying to get away with anything, just doing things the way he always has. Are "honest" dealers expected to note the staple replacement even though it is accepted by Overstreet? What about before CGC came around?