• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

Honestly I'd be surprised if he doesn't disappear. If he does respond what can he say? Other than the obvious: "It's not the same book" or "I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person/sorry" (shrug)

Either way he'll never be able to sell a raw book here again. I think people should have to earn the right to sell raw books...just a suggestion.

Burn the witch! meh

You guys kill me with the things you complain about.

The lot of you needs to get laid.

woohoo.gif

Well said. :grin:

Seriously man, you know the phrase: "if it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck..." Well if I bought that book because it looks nice, and I was happy with it, who cares how it got that way?

beatdeadhorse.gif

Someone PM DR.FRANKENSTEIN so he doesn't ignore this thread.

Nothing worse than a one dog fight. :popcorn:

Someone mentioned if cleaning the BC would warrant a bump to 9.2?

If the seller truly believes that he would resub it to CGC or guarantee that if someone buys it that it will get a 9.2, IMO

It's sad to see someone pull some shady behavior like that. I'm ok with buying a book and making a little profit on it later, but this just doesn't read at all like good ethics in anyway shape or form.

(tsk)

Poor form.

P.S. Doesn't cleaning a book constitute restoration? If so... we might have another issue here.

Edited by Mac Man

Honestly I'd be surprised if he doesn't disappear. If he does respond what can he say? Other than the obvious: "It's not the same book" or "I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person/sorry" (shrug)

Either way he'll never be able to sell a raw book here again. I think people should have to earn the right to sell raw books...just a suggestion.

I wouldn't bet on that. You would be amazed at the memory lapses that occur around here.

a couple of random points

we all know grading is subjective, it is just a number, afterall..if indeed the back cover has been cleaned, and maybe even pressed again, it "could" be a 9.2, right (at least in some folks eyes, folks know I can't grade worth a squat over a 9.0 lol )

and, unfortunately, not everyone believes in disclosing pressing, to them, it is what it is and supposedly is not a big deal, so if they don't believe in disclosing it, to them, there is nothing wrong (now, if someone asked them if it was pressed, and they denied it, then I think we have problem ethically)... would be nice if folks do, but there is no way to force it, so one should ask if they are worried about it, right?

so one camp would consider this "dishonest" but the other side of the lake is probably perfectly ok with it (shrug) ...

I wouldn't bet on that. You would be amazed at the memory lapses that occur around here.

+1

If the seller truly believes that he would resub it to CGC or guarantee that if someone buys it that it will get a 9.2, IMO

That doesn't seem to be the major issue. Grade is subjective. Leaving out it was formerly a pressed CGC 8.5 and it appears the back cover has been cleaned is the problem.

Yep, like the ASM that he was selling in his 1st sale thread that caused trouble. Which why I just ignored this sale thread existed until now.

That doesn't seem to be the major issue. Grade is subjective. Leaving out it was formerly a pressed CGC 8.5 and it appears the back cover has been cleaned is the problem.

but to many sellers (obviously including some boardies) it obviously isn't a problem (to them) ... I can't imagine frank would intentionally try deceive, likely just his sales method and what he believes the book is

I only asked that as it was stated that either the BC had been cleaned (or the scan was photoshopped to show a cleaner BC.)

Now if the BC was ACTUALLY cleaner, would that merit a grade increase to 9.2? Or 9.0?

It was originally slabbed at 8.5 so we're talking a jump of one or two grades here.

There are multiple issues here, but the pricing is indicative of the higher surmised grade.

The fact that the pressing and previous slabbed grade was omitted from the new listing is a separate issue. (Though extremely unfortunate and bad form.)

Its possible he thinks its a 9.2, like many/most sellers on the boards he believes he likely has a book that's a higher grade than what it truly is. But of course he has the added sigma of what looks like cleaning the back, and didn't of course tell buyers about its CGC history and pressing.

Edit for a few others: Dry cleaning isn't considered resto, so no PLOD's here.

The likelyhood that it would get bumped to 9.2 IMO is very very very unlikely.

Edited by Rip

I only asked that as it was stated that either the BC had been cleaned (or the scan was photoshopped to show a cleaner BC.)

Now if the BC was ACTUALLY cleaner, would that merit a grade increase to 9.2? Or 9.0?

It was originally slabbed at 8.5 so we're talking a jump of one or two grades here.

There are multiple issues here, but the pricing is indicative of the higher surmised grade.

The fact that the pressing and previous slabbed grade was omitted from the new listing is a separate issue. (Though extremely unfortunate and bad form.)

Would be my guess from the past ASM

Can we ask how much you sold it to him for?

$200

I thought it was a sale via PM, may have been lower?

It was thru a PM..i'll have to look..think it was like $150 shipped.

amazing - he's lucky no one decided to snag his "9.2"

+1

it could have been uglier. :o