• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

One thing to add before he comes on here trying to claim its a different book,which it's obviously not.

I've owned/slabbed/sold a lot of Av 57's from 9.6 to total junk...and this book has one thing i've never seen on one before.So i know its the same book.

On the back cover,left margin,next to the words "Carl Kock was an 18 year.." there is a black "dot" either printer ink or a "pen spot" that could not be cleaned away...it's on both books...and i've never seen that before,ever on another one,and i have a lot of photobucket Av 57's scans that i just looked at again....

Krypto....

You need to get a life, I don't answer to you...you wanted to buy a book from me, you didn't pull the trigger, I sold the book early this morning. In my humble opinion sounds like sour grapes to me on your part. I do however want to respond to the rest of the members on here interested in hearing the truth, not some one sided conspiracy theory . I have sold.... I am certain more copies of Avengers #57 over the last 37 years Kryto has, no dought many, many more . This is not the same copy....period ! Unless you can prove this beyond any dought ( which is impossible since it is a different copy) I would strongly suggest you back off. I have been on the boards enjoying the threads and the comradery of a lot of awesome boardies, there are a lot of great peole here . I have really enjoyed buying, and selling from many of you on boards without a hitch.This board belongs to everyone, not a bunch of self appointed cyber jerks like Krypto. I was talking with another boardie last night telling him how much I enjoyed the community feeling on the boards, and how much I appreciated the dealings on my recent thread, as oppossed to my 1st thread. My 1st thread was ruined by a few "cyber police" / " Board Drama queens" from Florida . I also was castised because of dealings with "Cap Freak" even though he ripped me off . None of the "hecklers" ever apologized even though it became obvious I had done nothing wrong regarding the sale with Cap Freak. A few people made casual mention about how I was rail roaded...but not one of the cowards that were throwing bricks( like tupenny conan) had the gutts to apologize. I think some of these guys enjoy making trouble on here for no real reason. Follow your instincts here...I have done nothing wrong and I will not make a career out of defending myself against what I consider to be members with "no life"...and a penchant for causing problems like Krypto, and some of his Posse...what a joke, especially if this the way you handle a situation ! Anyone else that has had to deal with these knuckle heads is incouraged to come forward and post here...especially during your 1st week on the boards. I will contact the mods regarding this as I will not completely drop to Krpto's level of behavior.

:roflmao:

He deserves a better response than that.

Well,i think his post is absolutely funny!

I have no remorse in not buying my own de-slabbed book back at multiples of what i sold it for.I went and spent $500 in another thread with a legit seller....

The rest is just :screwy:

I just checked here are the ASM scans from MuscleShark

The whiter one was on sale here at a higher grade then the Darker one on ebay. I kept these as I wanted a reminder

Brian.....These are two different scans....I also graded the book .2 stricter for sale on the boards..... :o get a life bud.....

Tupanny Coan had this same thing happen with a malfunction on a back cover scan on a thread here on the boards....big deal, he explained it, I was thinking about buying it ...really get a life Brian...please (thumbs u

I have no problem with you grading it .2 stricter here. Sadly it was .2 higher.

this thread had accomplished what it set out to do, alert the cgc boards to how this particular seller approaches selling books... but if this particular seller doesn't comply to someone elses standards, then I am not sure I would say "dishonest', but more along the lines of "not disclosing to one's fellow boardies"

we would hope that we would be motivated to help each other out, but folks, come on, that just ain't the way the wheel turns

Stop with the logic, reason and open minded approach to this situation.

You're going to ruin a perfectly good thread. :baiting:

One thing to add before he comes on here trying to claim its a different book,which it's obviously not.

I've owned/slabbed/sold a lot of Av 57's from 9.6 to total junk...and this book has one thing i've never seen on one before.So i know its the same book.

On the back cover,left margin,next to the words "Carl Kock was an 18 year.." there is a black "dot" either printer ink or a "pen spot" that could not be cleaned away...it's on both books...and i've never seen that before,ever on another one,and i have a lot of photobucket Av 57's scans that i just looked at again....

Krypto....

You need to get a life, I don't answer to you...you wanted to buy a book from me, you didn't pull the trigger, I sold the book early this morning. In my humble opinion sounds like sour grapes to me on your part. I do however want to respond to the rest of the members on here interested in hearing the truth, not some one sided conspiracy theory . I have sold.... I am certain more copies of Avengers #57 over the last 37 years Kryto has, no dought many, many more . This is not the same copy....period ! Unless you can prove this beyond any dought ( which is impossible since it is a different copy) I would strongly suggest you back off. I have been on the boards enjoying the threads and the comradery of a lot of awesome boardies, there are a lot of great peole here . I have really enjoyed buying, and selling from many of you on boards without a hitch.This board belongs to everyone, not a bunch of self appointed cyber jerks like Krypto. I was talking with another boardie last night telling him how much I enjoyed the community feeling on the boards, and how much I appreciated the dealings on my recent thread, as oppossed to my 1st thread. My 1st thread was ruined by a few "cyber police" / " Board Drama queens" from Florida . I also was castised because of dealings with "Cap Freak" even though he ripped me off . None of the "hecklers" ever apologized even though it became obvious I had done nothing wrong regarding the sale with Cap Freak. A few people made casual mention about how I was rail roaded...but not one of the cowards that were throwing bricks( like tupenny conan) had the gutts to apologize. I think some of these guys enjoy making trouble on here for no real reason. Follow your instincts here...I have done nothing wrong and I will not make a career out of defending myself against what I consider to be members with "no life"...and a penchant for causing problems like Krypto, and some of his Posse...what a joke, especially if this the way you handle a situation ! Anyone else that has had to deal with these knuckle heads is incouraged to come forward and post here...especially during your 1st week on the boards. I will contact the mods regarding this as I will not completely drop to Krpto's level of behavior.

Don't know krypto from a hole in the ground, but...

It's the same book.

You're now adding barefaced lies into the mix. Kudos for a job well done! (thumbs u

Awww man say it ain't so joe. Bad answer. Why does it have to be one of the classic universal monsters that pulls this kind of "spoon".

Never trust a monster lol

Unless it's Monster Love!

I'm feeling pretty bad for the dude that bought the book,it's always nice to pay 3x as much for a lower graded book :makepoint:

well for a book that "sold" it sat all day long "still listed" after i was told this morning it sold...that makes no sense either.He didnt close the thread 'till this afternoon.

I'm feeling pretty bad for the dude that bought the book,it's always nice to pay 3x as much for a lower graded book :makepoint:

well for a book that "sold" it sat all day long "still listed" after i was told this morning it sold...that makes no sense either.He didnt close the thread 'till this afternoon.

Me thinks there is some douchebaggery afoot :tonofbricks:

this thread had accomplished what it set out to do, alert the cgc boards to how this particular seller approaches selling books... but if this particular seller doesn't comply to someone elses standards, then I am not sure I would say "dishonest', but more along the lines of "not disclosing to one's fellow boardies"

we would hope that we would be motivated to help each other out, but folks, come on, that just ain't the way the wheel turns

Stop with the logic, reason and open minded approach to this situation.

You're going to ruin a perfectly good thread. :baiting:

Are you covering for Roy this evening Rick? :baiting: