• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta Family Issues Resolved...It's all over!!

18 posts in this topic

Here's the Official Press Release:

PRESS RELEASE

Frank Frazetta is please to announce that all of the litigation surrounding his

family and his art has been resolved. All of Frank's children will now be

working together as a team to promote his remarkable collection of images that

has inspired people for decades. Frank wishes to thank all of his fans around

the world for their loyal and enthusiastic support since the passing of his

beloved wife of over 50 years, Ellie Frazetta.

All of Frank Frazetta's art and intellectual property is owned by Frazetta

Properties, LLC. Mr. Frazetta's management team, Robert Pistella and Stephen

Ferzoco, continue as the exclusive representatives for all art related sales,

licensing, and marketing. Frank, his four children and his management team are

thrilled to put any past differences behind them and look forward to working

together as a family to preserve and promote the art and legacy of one of

America's greatest artists.

Hopefully this puts to rest all the crazy events of the past few months and will let everyone get back to simply appreciating what an iconic artist Mr. Frazetta is.

Where did that Press release come from?

Directly from the family and their representatives.

Also, the criminal case is still pending . . .

Nope.

From the Associated Press...

News Story on the end of the dispute

Monroe County District Attorney David Christine said Friday that he plans to drop theft and burglary charges against Frazetta Jr. for the December break-in at the request of family members who no longer want to go forward with the case.

It says that the criminal case won't be pursued as the rest of the family is no longer pushing for it.

This all begs the question of what sort of devil's deal has been made behind closed doors. If it was as simple as Frank Jr. being completely in the wrong (as has been portrayed by some folks) and all other aspects of the situation being completely on the up and up (again as portrayed by those with a vested interest in the post-Ellie status quo being maintained) then there wouldn't be anything that all parties need to agree on etc. in exchange for charges and cases being dropped.

Right?

So I'm wondering just what the leverage was applied on each side, aside from the obvious.

I'm pretty sure we'll not know any further details as any savvy attorney would include an NDA as part of the deal. And I'm also sure this is quite intentional because it paints a number of folks aside from Frank Jr. in a less than savory way.

But whatever. This stuff happens all the time and the only reason it's important to us on this occasion is that it involves an art hero and his legacy of originals.

This all begs the question of what sort of devil's deal has been made behind closed doors. If it was as simple as Frank Jr. being completely in the wrong (as has been portrayed by some folks) and all other aspects of the situation being completely on the up and up (again as portrayed by those with a vested interest in the post-Ellie status quo being maintained) then there wouldn't be anything that all parties need to agree on etc. in exchange for charges and cases being dropped.

Right?

The stories and accounts of the mediation demonstrate that it was Frank Sr. that wanted this to happen the way it did. So I don't begrudge him his desires and they are the only desires that most folks care about in this case.

Given the overtly salacious efforts by some parties to push their agenda, and their side, of this dispute I am pleased that it is over for Frank SR. As a man he is a dignified and singular talent and deserving of far more respect than he has been shown by certain specific parties to this affair.

Speaking from experience, being in an advisory/representative position of more than one family dispute and/or litigation where one or more children have "left the reservation", sometimes all it takes is for those children to put their tail between their legs, apologize, and express a desire to be a part of the family again. I don't know what happened to the Frazetta's in this case but no father wants to see their child out of their life, no matter how self-destructive, difficult, or poorly advised that child may be.

It's practically Biblical. The "prodigal son" didn't have any leverage in that instance either, just a desire to rejoin the family and regret for ill-spent time.

I don't know what happened to the Frazetta's in this case...

Okay so you don't know any more than I do. That's fine; we're both just speculating.

Sure thing, just pointing out that leverage is usually not a necessity to resolve a conflict when family is involved. That much I do know and I have dealt with first hand. Which is why speculating that leverage was necessary may be an error.

Okay so you don't know any more than I do. That's fine; we're both just speculating.

Sure thing, just pointing out that leverage is usually not a necessity to resolve a conflict when family is involved. That much I do know and I have dealt with first hand. Which is why speculating that leverage was necessary may be an error.

Without specific knowledge of this case either of us or both of us could be completely off-base. But Chris it appears that you're the kind of fella that needs to get the last word in so please reply and have it.

Without specific knowledge of this case either of us or both of us could be completely off-base. But Chris it appears that you're the kind of fella that needs to get the last word in so please reply and have it.

Sorry you feel that way. I wasn't stating that my position was fact. I do feel it's reckless to impute elements to the case that none of the legitimate news stories and sites have included in their stories. I thought you might find that a valuable addition to your speculation, my mistake.

It says that the criminal case won't be pursued as the rest of the family is no longer pushing for it.

Right?

So I'm wondering just what the leverage was applied on each side, aside from the obvious.

I'm pretty sure we'll not know any further details as any savvy attorney would include an NDA as part of the deal. And I'm also sure this is quite intentional because it paints a number of folks aside from Frank Jr. in a less than savory way.

But whatever. This stuff happens all the time and the only reason it's important to us on this occasion is that it involves an art hero and his legacy of originals.

What you have is a father who is looking to forgive his son no matter the offense. I don't think any leverage was needed in these circumstances but if you want to think of it in those terms then how about this? Frank Jr actions/comments were embarrassing to father's legacy and the family name. Promising not to do anything else foolish was his leverage.

So, what's the fate of the Frazetta Museum?

And what happned to all that talk of Frank's masterpieces touring the nation's major art galleries & museums? It would be cool to see the master's work -- in person -- at a famous museum!

So, what's the fate of the Frazetta Museum?

And what happned to all that talk of Frank's masterpieces touring the nation's major art galleries & museums? It would be cool to see the master's work -- in person -- at a famous museum!

I am wondering this too. Having visited the PA museum, I would like to go visit again.