• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 7,10,13,15,17 & Detective Comics 29,31,33,35,36,37

651 posts in this topic

trust me, old label light tans are not getting anything better than light tan these days (from 1st hand experience)...

(shrug)

someone suggested to resub for a possible pq bump, and my feeling is light tan ain't getting no pq bump... I recently resubed several old label light tans, and 2 came back still with light tan and one is now slightly brittle... so DON'T think resubing is a good thing on that pq designation!

trust me, old label light tans are not getting anything better than light tan these days (from 1st hand experience)...

(shrug)

someone suggested to resub for a possible pq bump, and my feeling is light tan ain't getting no pq bump... I recently resubed several old label light tans, and 2 came back still with light tan and one is now slightly brittle... so DON'T think resubing is a good thing on that pq designation!

Not planning to resub, but I think the minimal dirt might have affected the grade to a 5.5.

(shrug)

true, it's hit or miss, there is an old label Action #42 that sold on Clink, (It's still listed in their sold listings), that had Tan to Off-white, the owner re-subbed and it came back Cream to off-white so It's not unheard of. the best thing to do is try to make your best judgement by looking at the pages through the case. which is still a shoot.

(shrug)

true, it's hit or miss, there is an old label Action #42 that sold on Clink, (It's still listed in their sold listings), that had Tan to Off-white, the owner re-subbed and it came back Cream to off-white so It's not unheard of. the best thing to do is try to make your best judgement by looking at the pages through the case. which is still a shoot.

I'm not going to take the chance, but will leave it for the next owner to decide.

(shrug)

Not planning to resub, but I think the minimal dirt might have affected the grade to a 5.5.

judging from just the FC scan, I think the grade would drop to a 5.0 if resubbed.

(shrug)

judging from just the FC scan, I think the grade would drop to a 5.0 if resubbed.

I guess this great book is not your cup of tea.

In case some of you guys are not aware, there is a very affordable Action 17 for sale at comic connect 500.00

Low grade, but still a great book to own! Im tempted to pick it up as a reader to compliment my slabbed copy.

A boardie should snag this!

In case some of you guys are not aware, there is a very affordable Action 17 for sale at comic connect 500.00

Low grade, but still a great book to own! Im tempted to pick it up as a reader to compliment my slabbed copy.

Did it already sell? I'm not seeing it. hm

Did it already sell? I'm not seeing it. hm

It was there at ComicConnect the last time I saw. Maybe Bronzilla is buying a reader's copy. (shrug)

I've thought about picking up that copy myself but sadly, my money tree hasn't been all that fruitful lately.

But it's all okay because I'm still the lowest entry member of the Superman #1 club. :banana:

I've thought about picking up that copy myself but sadly, my money tree hasn't been all that fruitful lately.

But it's all okay because I'm still the lowest entry member of the Superman #1 club. :banana:

You'll never know...there maybe a copy at your range again. (thumbs u

You'll never know...there maybe a copy at your range again. (thumbs u

There very well might. :wishluck:

There's an Action 7 for sale on Comic Connect. Such a pleasure to see this copy.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=350250

I a saw it last night! :o

What a cool copy, but yet still a very pricey copy! :eek:

Probably will not last long though! :headbang:

It's looks great!

I couldn't believe my eyes :eyeroll: when it popped up. Looks the seller wants a lot for it, but it's so seldom offered...and it has it's cover. :headbang:

There's an Action 7 for sale on Comic Connect. Such a pleasure to see this copy.

It's looks great!

It is a cool copy, but 29K seems awfully steep. I think a more realistic value would be somewhere in the 18K-20K range. (shrug)

It's looks great!

It is a cool copy, but 29K seems awfully steep. I think a more realistic value would be somewhere in the 18K-20K range. (shrug)

Looks like a great restoration candidate.