• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD

23 posts in this topic

I missed getting to my LCS (since it is roughly 1000km a way) on FCBD. Were there any good free issues this year? Over the past few years there have been some cool FCBD comics.

I missed getting to my LCS (since it is roughly 1000km a way) on FCBD. Were there any good free issues this year? Over the past few years there have been some cool FCBD comics.

I liked the Mouse Guard and the Stuff of Legend issues myself - my daughter was very happy with the DC Sampler, Owly, and Shrek.

Was there an Archie one this year? If so do anyone have an extra that is available?

Yeah, Archie's Summer Splash #1 - I didn't grab any copies of that one, but I can check with my LCS tomorrow. If they have a copy, I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping :thumbsup:

That would be awesome, thanks. If its not too much trouble could you check on the GI Joe as well. (thumbs u

Was there an Archie one this year? If so do anyone have an extra that is available?

Yeah, Archie's Summer Splash #1 - I didn't grab any copies of that one, but I can check with my LCS tomorrow. If they have a copy, I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping :thumbsup:

That would be awesome, thanks. If its not too much trouble could you check on the GI Joe as well. (thumbs u

Sure thing!

Probably the least interesting selection in the last few years, for me.

For some reason, our store didn't get Stuff of Legend (which would have made it infinitely better). SOL hasn't really picked up in Colorado well. Frankly, a lot of people are pretty slow to indies here.

Mouse Guard looked really solid. Didn't care for the Fraggle action. But can't complain about it being free.

Pat

I was happiest with the Solar/Magnus book written by Shooter, however, my kids liked the Mouseguard the bestest.

:(

We had no Tick Special Reprint, no Solar-Magnus, and no Shrek.

But my boys loved the DC samplers and Toy Story books.

Hey, I need a copy of Sixth Gun to read - none of the shops around here had any. Willing to trade for any of the FCBD issues I picked up:

Doctor Solar/Magnus

Iron Man/Nova

Iron Man/Thor

Shrek

Sonic

Toy Story

Or these, which were also free, but not part of the FCBD promotion:

Captain America Reborn 1

Batman and Robin 1

Blackest Night 1

Open to other trades if you need anything else, just holler. Thanks!

I got some FCB from my LCS and I didn't notice till I got home that they heavy ink stamped the name & address of the store right on the cover art of all the books that soak through to the first three or so pages :frustrated: . Yeah, they are free but c'mon I know where I got them from. My 5 year daughter was upset too because the Shrek she wanted was two sided and I guess these guys ran out of ink and put a 3x5 sticker that had a cross road map and adress to the store on the picture of the Penguins. I ended up all night trying to remove the sticker and not mess up the cover too bad so she would want to read the book. Well, I know which cross road and address not to go to next year for FCBD.

The other shop I went to just put a mini ad flyer in the center of their FCBs and that is alright because my daughter and I can enjoy the cover art still and not have black ink messing up the appeal of the story and art. So that shows me that they care about their books (free or not) and the customer's enjoyment the books that get from there.

Well, for my daughter I could send those books to Matt at Classic Inc. to restore :D and remove the ink and sticker glue.

:jokealert:

I guess they shouldn't main the books but I have no problem with a smaller sticker off to the side. If I remember there was a blank spot on the Shrek/Penguins comic that could easily house a sufficient sticker.

It's funny, I read that one to my son last night. Some of the penguin language is a bit over his head, but he knows them from TV.