• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,443 posts in this topic

1729570613_SgtFury80CGC9.6Front.thumb.jpg.897146d719702b20dd7bc788bd1f24ef.jpg725852269_SgtFury78CGC9.6Front.thumb.jpg.53052b051808453fb89c547a9f536ea3.jpg

On 11/3/2022 at 10:50 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I wonder how often a woman in a nice dress and high heels found herself in the middle of a hail of bullets on a WWII battlefield.  Seemed to happen all the time when ol' Nick and the boys were around.

image.thumb.jpeg.d972ef68b975c686b4e55cbb0f74b905.jpeg

Apparently it's a thing with these guys!

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

Purchased a bunch of gold and silver age war comics.  Found this beauty in with them.  Pages are off white.  First page is cut the same as the missing piece from the cover, but is there.  Do you think this would grade?

I just started collecting again about a year ago.  Mostly silver age and bronze age DCs, but I will buy other things if the price is right.  Trying to collect all Eighty Page Giants, 100 Pg issues (regardless of title), Super DC Giants, and any DC title from 65-66 that has the checkerboard pattern on top.  Also, Neal Adams issues; Marvel or DC.

sf1.jpg

On 11/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, doubled said:

Purchased a bunch of gold and silver age war comics.  Found this beauty in with them.  Pages are off white.  First page is cut the same as the missing piece from the cover, but is there.  Do you think this would grade?

I just started collecting again about a year ago.  Mostly silver age and bronze age DCs, but I will buy other things if the price is right.  Trying to collect all Eighty Page Giants, 100 Pg issues (regardless of title), Super DC Giants, and any DC title from 65-66 that has the checkerboard pattern on top.  Also, Neal Adams issues; Marvel or DC.

sf1.jpg

As a remainder copy with 1/3 of its front cover missing it would grade a 0.5. If the back cover is missing as well it would be a NG.

For any of your other books that you wish to have a grade opinion on, I would recommend this form -

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Welcome to the boards.