• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,433 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2022 at 4:45 PM, MAR1979 said:

Out of pure Nostalgia this book was part of a joke submission.

When I was a kid back in 1988/89 my LCS got in a lower grade collection of Silver Age. Most went into the quarter bins. For me at any rate it was like a treasure chest finding cover intact reader copies. I grabbed so many that I got them 5 for $1. 

When I saw the Metal Men issue without the number on cover I opened the cover to reveal #1 in the indicia and was overjoyed. It was also one of the nicer condition books in the bin.

Here it is my .20 cent copy of Metal Men #1, while I'm a high grade collector overall the memories are often just as important  to me as condition.

Metal_Men1.thumb.jpg.ed3434a22220b7bbc57b2b75c6009581.jpg

I've recently learned that for a time DC didn't put #1 issue numbers on their comics, ie yours and Atom, I'd have not seen the period nor had time to learn it, if it weren't pointed out to me.

Love stories that have a bit of nerd to it haha :x

On 11/11/2022 at 10:18 PM, MAR1979 said:

Back after 54 weeks in Econ queue!  Really though it would score be 9.8, nicked for some alleged tanning. As with what I estimate to be 75-80% of Oakland's the book does not have white pages.

Love the Steranko-esque cover by Barry Smith. A 1998 $30 purchase from Vinny.

Daredevil52.thumb.jpg.a7e4973610eb38fc453c5eb97a9f3d3b.jpg

You got grader notes with a 9.6? Lucky.