• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver age Superboy Run UNread killer copies

10 posts in this topic

I just listed 14 silver age Superboys. Many of them have Neal Adams covers. These books are essentially unread. The page quality is superb. Cover gloss is like new.

It's hard to find books of this quality today. You may find a book or two, but this group of 14 is really incredible.

Over a year ago I bought ten or so books from the same collection. A few board members picked up some of the ones I had slabbed. There was a 9.6 JLA 68, a 9.6 Superboy 170, two 9.6 Teen Titans, 2 SGT Rocks one in 9.6 another in 9.4. All the books had OFF White or White pages. I still own a Superboy 171 in 9.8 from that buy. It's a great copy.

All I know about the books is this: The man collected comics from the 1960s-1970s. He bought most his books off newstands, then he started going to one local comic shop in Illinois. When he decided to sell them he went back to the local dealer and started selling books in runs. I picked up what I could, having missed out on the bulk of the books. My loss there.

Here is the link:

Superboy LINK

Yeah maybe "essentially unread" is kinda of a wrong statement to make, but I have purchased a few books from this seller and his grading is dead on thumbsup2.gif Out of the last few books I bought from him (6), 4 came back dead on grading, one was under graded. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Definately one of the better sellers on Ebay

I was wondering the same thing - what does "essentially unread" mean? Either they HAVE been read/handled, or they HAVEN'T. That's like something being "essentially on sale". Either it is or it isn't.

For all those that need additional clarification:

I cannnot with certainty guarantee that these books were unread. I was not there for the last 30+ years to verify this. The man who owned the books is dead. The man I bought them from could have lied and made up the whole story.

I apoligize to all forum members for misleading you. Although the books look unread, they may have been touched by human hands. The fact that my hands touched them is proof enough that I mislead you.

I suggest you stay away from them. They are EVIL!!!!!!!! They probably have some sort of black magic voodoo spell on them. Buyers Beware!

Disclaimer: I cannot be responsible for any vision problems caused by the gloss of these books. Buyers should use sunglasses before opening any of these issues.

That is all.

Have a great day!!!!

cool.gif

I was wondering the same thing - what does "essentially unread" mean? Either they HAVE been read/handled, or they HAVEN'T. That's like something being "essentially on sale". Either it is or it isn't.

I cannnot with certainty guarantee that these books were unread. I was not there for the last 30+ years to verify this. The man who owned the books is dead. The man I bought them from could have lied and made up the whole story.

I apoligize to all forum members for misleading you. Although the books look unread, they may have been touched by human hands. The fact that my hands touched them is proof enough that I mislead you.

I suggest you stay away from them. They are EVIL!!!!!!!! They probably have some sort of black magic voodoo spell on them. Buyers Beware!

Disclaimer: I cannot be responsible for any vision problems caused by the gloss of these books. Buyers should use sunglasses before opening any of these issues.

That is all.

Have a great day!!!!

cool.gif

Phew, I'm glad you told me that or I might have got sucked in.

That is all.

Have a great day!!!!

cool.gif

Phew, I'm glad you told me that or I might have got sucked in.

Glad we straightened that out.

Easier to say u flipped thru them once to count the pages & to check the centerfold but u did NOT dare read them else they would be less virgin. 893whatthe.gif

Please leave the Virgins out of this. Where is that Moderator button????