• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

Tough collection of books to find so it is amazing, really, that a number of us here on the boards have managed to acquire similar Adventure Comics collections.

Although I do have originally bought, off the stand issues, too, my earliest for this title bought new is 346. Mine are nothing like so nice as these - as I read them so much - which is why I have had to find upgrades. Well done for keeping your books in great condition for over half a century!

On 3/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, steelcity said:

Tough collection of books to find so it is amazing, really, that a number of us here on the boards have managed to acquire similar Adventure Comics collections.

Although I do have originally bought, off the stand issues, too, my earliest for this title bought new is 346. Mine are nothing like so nice as these - as I read them so much - which is why I have had to find upgrades. Well done for keeping your books in great condition for over half a century!

Thanks.  I have no idea how I did that for many of my comics, and not all of my store-bought copies are in super nice shape.  I know I used to get plastic produce bags at the local Safeway, and those held 4 comics.  I seem to have preserved the Action Comics the best though.  We need an Action Comics thread.  hm

On 10/17/2015 at 1:45 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I get what your saying, but what is wrong with just going with the beginning of the comics code as the starting point? It's a lot simpler. And as far as the Atom Age is concerned, for DC we could say it started with the double DC circles at the top of the books... :D That seems to be shortly after the comics shrank in size and began to look more like SA books than GA books...or maybe we could just say the Atom Age started with skinnier books, and the SA started with the code symbol... lol Works for me...

I have always considered the start of the SA when the CCA code was released - for some books, that was a release date of 12/54 and for most others (like Adventure 210) it was 1/55. 

On 11/30/2022 at 1:34 PM, jmg3637 said:

My undercopy  of Adventure 247  is on sale now at heritage..

I believe it is the one that has been my avatar  since I joined this site.

This book is BACK up for Auction at heritage.

For some reason  the winning bidder s on two of my  lots failed to pay.

Hard to believe this thread  has had NO action in over 3 months

LONG LIVE LEGION!