• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Approved Seller' Status

379 posts in this topic

I'm fluent in comicalgems.

Davidson is a mysterious character in the serialized comic book, "The Walking Dead" a story of humans journey through a post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested world. His origins are shrouded in mystery. Comparing him to Suge Knight, co-founder of Death Row Productions is intended to convey and air of mystery as well as violence, as Suge Knight has been linked to a number of nefarious activities.

Translation provided by seanfingh

Davidson is a mysterious character in the serialized comic book, "The Walking Dead" a story of humans journey through a post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested world. His origins are shrouded in mystery. Comparing him to Suge Knight, co-founder of Death Row Productions is intended to convey and air of mystery as well as violence, as Suge Knight has been linked to a number of nefarious activities.

That's impressive. Kudos! (worship)

So, can you condense what this thread is really about in one paragraph? :sumo:

Posting just to make sure sure Keeneman doesn't kill this thread. :whistle:

Welcome to the clique Keeneman

I will take a bullet for you Jeff. I have a veritable knack for stopping a thread in its tracks.

As for Mr. Keeneman's take on how he views the boards, I feel that he is correct. Too often do I see new members taken to task, made fun of, made to feel ignorant, whenever they post something that is not to the "chosen ones" liking. There is/are a definite clique(s) here, but that does not make it any different from any other aspect of life. Some people are accepted into the clique faster than others, which might result from the new member expressing interests that are shared with an already established clique. There is nothing wrong with that in that is how camaraderie is established. However, it is my assumption that a lot of prospective members are scared away due to how they see newer members treated. They may have something worthwhile to share, but do not for fear of being ridiculed. I felt this way when I first found the boards. I lurked for almost 2 years before I made my first post in 2005. Interactions with a few on here made me regret my decision from time to time, but you deal with it or move along. I chose to deal with it and stick around, if for no other reason that to tee off those who didn't like me. Some of the new folks just might not want the hassle of having to establish their "board cred" in order to be treated with a modicum of respect.

That's impressive. Kudos! (worship)

Yes. He has mad skillz yo!

oooooooo, do you speak David Lynch? Can you summarize Mulholland Drive as nicely, and without the psychological scarring? :wishluck:

I will take a bullet for you Jeff. I have a veritable knack for stopping a thread in its tracks.

As for Mr. Keeneman's take on how he views the boards, I feel that he is correct. Too often do I see new members taken to task, made fun of, made to feel ignorant, whenever they post something that is not to the "chosen ones" liking. There is/are a definite clique(s) here, but that does not make it any different from any other aspect of life. Some people are accepted into the clique faster than others, which might result from the new member expressing interests that are shared with an already established clique. There is nothing wrong with that in that is how camaraderie is established. However, it is my assumption that a lot of prospective members are scared away due to how they see newer members treated. They may have something worthwhile to share, but do not for fear of being ridiculed. I felt this way when I first found the boards. I lurked for almost 2 years before I made my first post in 2005. Interactions with a few on here made me regret my decision from time to time, but you deal with it or move along. I chose to deal with it and stick around, if for no other reason that to tee off those who didn't like me. Some of the new folks just might not want the hassle of having to establish their "board cred" in order to be treated with a modicum of respect.

I can't disagree with this, and will hold my hands up as one of those who occasionally gives a noob a rough ride. :sorry:

However, in defense of 'the clique', there are a few issues with noobs. One, a large proportion of 'new members' are actually shills. Two, another chunk of folk are simply plain ignorant, have no intention of fitting in, and are simply here to promote their own 'thing', whatever that might be. Three, a number of noobs make noob errors, have their mistakes tactfully pointed out...and then promptly go off the deep end.

This does lead the 'old timers' to be very suspicious of noobs, especially those who spend their first week posting inane thread after inane thread, even though they've been told they are in the wrong forum, or that we have a search function which, in some case, they've been told precisely how to use. doh!

Yeah, folk can get a tough ride, but unfortunately cynicism is understandably rife around these parts.

I really can't disagree with any of that Scott. I guess I got off easy when I joined up. I didn't post much at first but when I did I didn't get hazed. Just lucky? I don't know.

However, I think a little perspective is needed. I'm not condoning the dogpiling some n00bs get. Lord knows I've joined in the fun from time to time but this board is tame compared to some I've been on. I've seen far, FAR worse hazing of n00bs elsewhere.

The one thing I regret here is the almost automatic assumption that a n00b is a shill for a previously banned member. That's what I find most unfortunate.

One thing is for certain. On the internet, you need a thick skin.

hm I think an undead John Davidson would be more interesting.

I disapprove of this post and feel that it should be ridiculed, boycotted, belittled, and thoroughly demeaned, and two out of every three cool forum kids agree. :ohnoez:

I disapprove of this post and feel that it should be ridiculed, boycotted, belittled, and thoroughly demeaned, and two out of every three cool forum kids agree. :ohnoez:

I can handle it as long as you are not a clique forum member.....but play one on television. :insane: