• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Approved Seller' Status

379 posts in this topic

So, how much should we charge each seller for a feedback system

Ten bucks.

and who will approve said feedback?

Ian Levine, RedHook, Steve_HOCP, and blackhearteddwarf (use the search function, noobs).

Do sellers get charged?

Yes, ten bucks.

Do we vote on feedback approval?

No. You'll be told if you're approved.

Will feedback be one-sided or dual?

Dual. But you can duel if you don't like it.

Will I get what I want for Christmas?

Quite possibly, if you're on Santa's "Nice" list.

What should I have for dinner?

Something healthy. Maybe a salad with some sliced chicken and a fine glass of white wine. Hell, that sounds good, I'll have that.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Well buttock is a real doctor, I think, and DrWatson comes around.

What will be the next hot modern?

One of those silly Avengers covers.

Is pressing restoration?

No

Do we need to run all this by a committee

Yes.

and who sits on this committee if there is a committee

You'll be informed by the clique.

or is there a committee tasked with assigning committees?

Yes.

Is it "noob" or is it "newb" or am I confusing this with "boob"?

Noob. And it should never be confused with "boob."

What will be the next locked thread?

I'm betting the gun control thread upstairs. RMA is getting giggedy up there.

Who will be next to be banned or suspended?

My bet's on Meade. He's a fiesty one.

Did JC clone the perfect ten, hence his critical opinions of hot women?

It must be a Canadian thing.

Is 2012 the end?

No. 3955 is.

When will the comic market crash?

March 14, 2014 at approximately 4:55 PM.

Can I ask for PayPal help here?

Yes, but you'll get flamed.

Is X-Force heating up?

God I hope so.

(shrug)

(thumbs u

My favorite post of 2010.

You mean it wasn't "VENOM RULES!!!"??

That's funny, noob. I acknowledge your presence and bestow upon you this token of my favour: lol

Now, begone from me.

That was so cool of you Sean, I wish there had been someone to acknowledge me when I was an ignored noob. Could you please acknowledge me now that I'm an ignored non noob? :wishluck:

That's funny, noob. I acknowledge your presence and bestow upon you this token of my favour: lol

Now, begone from me.

That was so cool of you Sean, I wish there had been someone to acknowledge me when I was an ignored noob. Could you please acknowledge me now that I'm an ignored non noob? :wishluck:

You are a member of the Brit Pack, one of the coolest cliques on the Boards (except for Boozrag, of course). Because of you Brits' colonialist history, soccer hooliganism, and the predilection for organ meats and warm beer, I both respect and fear you all. Huzzah!

Now, begone from me.

You are a member of the Brit Pack, one of the coolest cliques on the Boards (except for Boozrag, of course). Because of you Brits' colonialist history, soccer hooliganism, and the predilection for organ meats and warm beer, I both respect and fear you all. Huzzah!

:gossip: And he doesn't appear to even know about Morris Dancing. :eek:

Now, begone from me.

:gossip: And he doesn't appear to even know about Morris Dancing. :eek:

And he left out The Jam. hm

My worse fear is being in a restaurant and someone from my table being rude to my waiter...I am deadly afraid of the waiter spitting on my food, deadly afraid!!... :eek: :eek: :sick:

As a card-carrying noob who has hung around very occasionally for a number of years, posted once in a blue moon for the last couple of years, and bought maybe five or six times on the sales forum (but never posted anything for sale), I will give you this outsider's observation: I've noticed on my occasional visits to the sales forum that there are usually a relatively high value (say, >$1,500) book or two posted by high post count sellers. The book will appear to me to be aggressively priced (although I'm admittedly not as knowledgeable as many people here). At least at first, the book won't sell, but it will be bumped a number of times by what I presume are the seller's friends (also with high post counts) with comments like "Sweet book," "I would be all over it if only my budget wasn't spent this month," "I can't believe this book is still here!" etc.

Now perhaps these posters really do believe it is a sweet book, they really would buy it if their budget wasn't spent, they really can't believe it hasn't sold yet, and so on ..... or, maybe they are attempting to help a friend sell an overpriced book to the unwary -- a book which they would never buy themselves at the asking price.

Am I accurately characterizing this behavior? If I am, is it dodgy or no?

As a card-carrying noob who has hung around very occasionally for a number of years, posted once in a blue moon for the last couple of years, and bought maybe five or six times on the sales forum (but never posted anything for sale), I will give you this outsider's observation: I've noticed on my occasional visits to the sales forum that there are usually a relatively high value (say, >$1,500) book or two posted by high post count sellers. The book will appear to me to be aggressively priced (although I'm admittedly not as knowledgeable as many people here). At least at first, the book won't sell, but it will be bumped a number of times by what I presume are the seller's friends (also with high post counts) with comments like "Sweet book," "I would be all over it if only my budget wasn't spent this month," "I can't believe this book is still here!" etc.

Now perhaps these posters really do believe it is a sweet book, they really would buy it if their budget wasn't spent, they really can't believe it hasn't sold yet, and so on ..... or, maybe they are attempting to help a friend sell an overpriced book to the unwary -- a book which they would never buy themselves at the asking price.

NICE!!!

bees.png

Nice!!! I would have loved to have posted this myself if I wasn't busy elsewhere today!!!!!

:baiting:

Why not create a feedback section in the forums and a thread for each person who actively sells or buys that allows people to post feedback on their transactions with them? I know for me, as a new person to the forums, it would be helpful if I could just click on one thread that is feedback for a certain member. This is what's done on some other sites I'm a member of and it works really well.

I don't want to sort through 150 pages of a 'Kudos' thread to find out if is a respectible seller.

I like this idea. The kudos thread is great, but like he stated above very difficult to search thru. I dont sell a whole lot, but it would be a nice start.

Why not create a feedback section in the forums and a thread for each person who actively sells or buys that allows people to post feedback on their transactions with them? I know for me, as a new person to the forums, it would be helpful if I could just click on one thread that is feedback for a certain member. This is what's done on some other sites I'm a member of and it works really well.

I don't want to sort through 150 pages of a 'Kudos' thread to find out if is a respectible seller.

I like this idea. The kudos thread is great, but like he stated above very difficult to search thru. I dont sell a whole lot, but it would be a nice start.

All you have to do is a search for the name of the seller (and only do that search in the same forum that the Kudos thread is in). Makes things much easier.

(shrug)

Nice!!! I would have loved to have posted this myself if I wasn't busy elsewhere today!!!!!

:baiting:

You are lame. Look up three posts from yours. And don't try to posit the Newton/Leibnitz thing either.