• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,884 posts in this topic

I think several of these will make their way to CGC in 2011 but I wondered what everyone thought about sending one of the autographed books in for a green label? Worth it or just keep it like it is?

If it means enough to you, and you have a desired to see it slabbed, I'd submit it.

Who cares about the Green Label stigma if you know personally these were really signed by DS? And I bet if those books came up for sale on the market, others would care less too.

I think several of these will make their way to CGC in 2011 but I wondered what everyone thought about sending one of the autographed books in for a green label? Worth it or just keep it like it is?

If it means enough to you, and you have a desired to see it slabbed, I'd submit it.

Who cares about the Green Label stigma if you know personally these were really signed by DS? And I bet if those books came up for sale on the market, others would care less too.

hm

I probably will send a couple for grading, I just haven't decided how many yet. I've been going to conventions for probably nearly 20 years and I have a long box full of autographs (I should have been getting sketches in the early days instead doh!) I have the same issue with so many of the other books I have because I really want to preserve them for the long haul.

It might be a few months but I'll post pics of hopefully quite a few Dave Stevens CGC slabs in 2011.

It might be a few months but I'll post pics of hopefully quite a few Dave Stevens CGC slabs in 2011.

:applause:

Take your time. Keith will be waiting to make you offers We all look forward to seeing these beauties!

(worship)

A seldom seen Dave book... Back Issues 1983... This isn't a comic, it's a catalogue for, well, back issues of Men's Magazines (Playboy, Oui, etc.)... But what a great "Marilyn"-esque cover!

BackIssues1983.jpg

I've been seeing that book here and there on different sites. Not you typical Stevens cover. Sorta like a chalk drawing.

If you have seen one of these recently let me know in PM. I'd like to track one down if possible!

A seldom seen Dave book... Back Issues 1983... This isn't a comic, it's a catalogue for, well, back issues of Men's Magazines (Playboy, Oui, etc.)... But what a great "Marilyn"-esque cover!

BackIssues1983.jpg

I've been seeing that book here and there on different sites. Not you typical Stevens cover. Sorta like a chalk drawing.

If you have seen one of these recently let me know in PM. I'd like to track one down if possible!

There's one that pops up on E-Bay now and then.

Depends on how lucky you are really...I've gone to cons before looking for back issues that I thought no one else would be looking for and sure enough somebody right in front of me has grabbed what I was looking for right out of the cheap boxes...I just take it as a sign I was meant to spend my money on something else :)