• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

So what is going on with Airboy 5 CGC 9.8's that we have some pretty strong sales out there? Folks just realizing this is a great book to own?

Airboy No. 5, Volume 1, 1st print, Eclipse Comics (1986)

(9.9)

2010 Avg: (1) $311

12Mnth Avg: (1) $311

(9.8 )

2009 Avg: (1) $47

2010 Avg: (2) $102

12Mnth Avg: (2) $102

90Day Avg: (1) $135

Last Sale: $135 Nov-2010

I know the $47 was Bonds' purchase on Heritage. These others are just incredible.

So what is going on with Airboy 5 CGC 9.8's that we have some pretty strong sales out there? Folks just realizing this is a great book to own?

Airboy No. 5, Volume 1, 1st print, Eclipse Comics (1986)

(9.9)

2010 Avg: (1) $311

12Mnth Avg: (1) $311

(9.8 )

2009 Avg: (1) $47

2010 Avg: (2) $102

12Mnth Avg: (2) $102

90Day Avg: (1) $135

Last Sale: $135 Nov-2010

I know the $47 was Bonds' purchase on Heritage. These others are just incredible.

I don't know what is going on but I'm glad I have 2 of them. :devil:

I'm glad I got the 9.9 when I did...

Yep, I just put in a mark amount and was going to go back and keep up with the bid at the end but got distracted by family. Maybe one day...

Sorry my friend, that would be me.

If I end up coming across another one, and if you're still interested I will let you have the one I bought for the same price I paid.

Yep, I just put in a mark amount and was going to go back and keep up with the bid at the end but got distracted by family. Maybe one day...

If I end up coming across another one, and if you're still interested I will let you have the one I bought for the same price I paid.

Lets see a scan please.

That's very generous and much appreciated! (thumbs u I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Ok, I have a question for the boardies. I have a Sheena 3-D with the 3-D glasses that were sold with them that I have had since I picked up the comic waaaaayyy back when and it is signed by Dave. I want to send this particular book in for slabbing because it is probably the best signature of Dave's I have...(see below). So what do I do about the glasses? CGC won't slab them with the book, right? Or should I keep this beauty raw and slab the Alien Worlds instead?

1157664324_3jwvc-X3.jpg

1157664298_sYmMp-X3.jpg

1157664308_SGQaZ-X3.jpg

Ok, I have a question for the boardies. I have a Sheena 3-D with the 3-D glasses that were sold with them that I have had since I picked up the comic waaaaayyy back when and it is signed by Dave. I want to send this particular book in for slabbing because it is probably the best signature of Dave's I have...(see below). So what do I do about the glasses? CGC won't slab them with the book, right? Or should I keep this beauty raw and slab the Alien Worlds instead?

1157664324_3jwvc-X3.jpg

1157664298_sYmMp-X3.jpg

1157664308_SGQaZ-X3.jpg

You do understand that you're going to get a Green Qualified label with either of those books...right?

1. Do not send anything detached to CGC. They will be forced to toss it because as you already pointed out they do not insert these in the slab.

2. This will come back as a Qualified Label book due to the unwitnessed signature. But since it is your nicest example that you may want to have on display, maybe slabbing may be one option to consider. The other is just using a high-end Mylar case to protect the signature/book.

Yes, I recognize the fact this will come back as a green label but I am willing to deal with that because this will not likely ever leave my collection. I basically want to protect it and since there are no Dave Stevens yellow labels I believe a green label is the only option if I want a CGC'd copy.

Yes, I recognize the fact this will come back as a green label but I am willing to deal with that because this will not likely ever leave my collection. I basically want to protect it and since there are no Dave Stevens yellow labels I believe a green label is the only option if I want a CGC'd copy.

Even so they might be better preserved raw than sealed in a CGC case. Anything can happen during shipping or the encapsulation process.

Even so they might be better preserved raw than sealed in a CGC case. Anything can happen during shipping or the encapsulation process.

Or, just send it to me and I'll keep it safe. :grin: