• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2020 at 2:18 AM, GeneticNinja said:

Just in case people missed this topic that's in the Original Art section.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/478985-dave-stevens-documentary/

Yeah, it seems that production is moving slowly due to the Covy. Many of the interviews involve older artists/creators that knew Dave.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, Brock said:

What are you missing?

Planet Comics #1, 3D Zone #16, and Cheval Noir #7.  I'm also not sure exactly which box the Elvira House of Mystery #11, Rocketeer Adventure Magazine #3, and the Eclipse Graphic Novel are in.  I'm also being fairly specific in looking for comic book covers where the covers were done for the comics, not repurposed from something else, and pencils only, not inks... I'm trying to keep the effort down to sane levels.  Not that I don't have some other items, but they're not on my specific target list.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:00 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Great collection! You need to add Starslayer #2 and Madman Comics #4 to that lot...

7809238702_f94689ccc0_b.jpg

Thank you for pointing out the Madman Comics #4; it doesn't perfectly match my specific definition of the set but I naturally want it on its own merits.

As for Starslayer, if you're including #2 include #3 as well:

Starslayer_2_BC.jpg

Starslayer_3_BC.jpg

On 12/20/2021 at 7:36 PM, Toz said:

Been after this one for awhile.Comes up on Ebay a few times a year but I usually miss it.I can't imagine how few copies of this were actually released.I got it below my max bid and the hard case and tape both are in mint shape.

DS ST.jpg

Sweet! That's one that I still need as well, I never see it.  Great art!

Edited by F For Fake

On 12/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, F For Fake said:

Sweet! That's one that I still need as well, I never see it.  Great art!

On 12/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, F For Fake said:

I quoted myself trying to edit my last post, because I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Anyway, I'll use this post to wonder why this never got a DVD release from Something Weird, and wonder aloud, if it ever were to see the light of day again, if they'd still have the license to the art. Hrm...

And now I see that I quoted myself TWICE, making it even dumber. Mod/Mike feel free to tidy up my idiocy!

Edited by F For Fake

On 12/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, F For Fake said:

I quoted myself trying to edit my last post, because I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Anyway, I'll use this post to wonder why this never got a DVD release from Something Weird, and wonder aloud, if it ever were to see the light of day again, if they'd still have the license to the art. Hrm...

And now I see that I quoted myself TWICE, making it even dumber. Mod/Mike feel free to tidy up my idiocy!

You can find it on DVD but the cover art is different.I did find it streaming and couldn't get past the first scene :whatthe:

On 12/22/2021 at 5:46 PM, Toz said:

You can find it on DVD but the cover art is different.I did find it streaming and couldn't get past the first scene :whatthe:

Ooh, thanks, I'll look again! I have a very high tolerance for garbage and smut, so it may be up my alley ha