• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,883 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, F For Fake said:

Oooooh yeah. $635 and over a day left in the auction. After giving it a lot of thought, I decided I'd make a run at it...but now it's way beyond what I'd be willing to pay. I made an agreement with myself that I could live with $500. Well, that ain't happening! It's not even a comic, it's a catalog! ha Still, it looks to be in nice shape, and it's a lovely image. I wonder what the record is for a Dave comic at auction? I can't think of many pieces that would go for this much, if any, even in 9.8. And this sucker is raw. 

My hope at this point is that this thing gets even sillier, and that brings more copies out, which would hopefully sell for less. Surely there are some hardcore Dave fans driving this thing up, bidding against each other. The next copy that comes up for auction (whenever that might be) would hopefully not go as high, as the buyer pool would be smaller by at least one copy. Fingers crossed we see some more soon.

Well whoever wants it is definitely not messing around.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, Randall Dowling said:

I searched for a copy of this for 12 years before I finally found a copy.  It's exceptionally difficult.  The current bid doesn't surprise me at all.

100%. I’ve had it on my checklist for 20 years and have still not found one, and if this auction is indicative of current value, it’s likely I’ll continue to go without. Whenever big Playboy collections surface locally, I’m hopeful, but so far that has been a dead end as well. I’d love to have it, but…yeah. Apparently I don’t want it nearly as bad as some other folks!

On 6/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, ThothAmon said:

Love the shipping. 

8F9B1E21-0541-4BF4-BF67-67E36E09DB60.jpeg

The seller has some other cool stuff, but nothing that’s going to go this high, and shipping is pretty standard $4/$5. The starting bid was something like $9.99.  I’m thinking they’re going to be surprised by where this thing ends up. Hopefully they’ll offer a priority insured option for the buyer once it’s over, and cover the cost themselves. That’s generally what I do when I’m surprised by an item.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, F For Fake said:

The seller has some other cool stuff, but nothing that’s going to go this high, and shipping is pretty standard $4/$5. The starting bid was something like $9.99.  I’m thinking they’re going to be surprised by where this thing ends up. Hopefully they’ll offer a priority insured option for the buyer once it’s over, and cover the cost themselves. That’s generally what I do when I’m surprised by an item.

Shut up - one of the reasons I had not posted it was that what I was bidding on didn’t want it to be known 

On 6/18/2022 at 6:51 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Shut up - one of the reasons I had not posted it was that what I was bidding on didn’t want it to be known 

:sorry:

Hey, I was bidding on it too, but apparently I was never in the game. I doubt the five people that read this thread will have much of an influence on the outcome, but I knew there were some hardcore Dave fans around, so I was hoping that anyone who might be looking might also have a shot at it. Good luck to anyone with pockets deep enough to try, looks like it has a good chance of crossing $2k. It’s up to $1800+ now.

On 6/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, F For Fake said:

:sorry:

Hey, I was bidding on it too, but apparently I was never in the game. I doubt the five people that read this thread will have much of an influence on the outcome, but I knew there were some hardcore Dave fans around, so I was hoping that anyone who might be looking might also have a shot at it. Good luck to anyone with pockets deep enough to try, looks like it has a good chance of crossing $2k. It’s up to $1800+ now.

I meant another item 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:54 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I meant another item 

Ah gotcha. Say no more!

On 6/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, Randall Dowling said:

$1825 with a little more than an hour to go.  Any predictions on where it'll land?  My guess is just over $2k.

Yes, that’s where I’m at. Surely $2k would be some psychological border. I’ll say $2150, but who knows? Good luck if any of you guys take a shot!

On 6/18/2022 at 8:18 PM, F For Fake said:

Yes, that’s where I’m at. Surely $2k would be some psychological border. I’ll say $2150, but who knows? Good luck if any of you guys take a shot!

All the makings of $3 k plus with a couple Hail Mary’s likely with a minute left. 

Edited by ThothAmon

On 6/18/2022 at 9:36 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Didn’t win the Jaime sketch 

:cry:

It was a nice one too! I thought that may have caught your eye.