• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman's Christmas Adventure

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone any idea how many pages a Superman's Christmas Adventure #1 1940 version should have.

The GCD does not have a page count, I have a coverless copy that has 16 pages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is a scan of the 1st page.

sca1.jpg

Howdy Flatrock, it's listed in O'street in the Promotional section. 16 pages.

Three different issues, it appears you might have the first, scarce one. If so, nice hit! Any copyright info inside? 1940 is the Big Gun.

There are two versions of the 1940 SCA. Version A has the "registered .." starting

under the "man's" while version B has it starting under "an's." I have no idea which is

scarcer.

There are also two versions of the 1944 issue showing SM & a Christmas tree. The

difference is on the back cover. One version has the Superman picture taking up

the full back cover. The other version has a 3/4 page picture to provide more space for

ads. Again, I have no idea which is scarcer.

Dratted variants.

Does anybody have a picture of the indica of the book ?

The picture flatrock02 posted is not available anymore and he seems to have been on the boards last in 2012.

I would appreciate a picture of the indica very much - I'm currently listing all those Christmas books with their differences and every other information.

Thanks in advance,

Archi