• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con updates?

28 posts in this topic

Just to be clear - I'm not knocking Heroes for using the auction money to bring in the talent and keep costs down. I love the show and wish I could have been there again this year. I just didn't want people to think that an $8,000 painting was putting shoes on orphans. ;)

I think a more accurate term for this is an "Event Fundraiser" more so than a "Charity" (which to me implies that part of what a winning bidder pays can be tax deductible) - - I think it's great that the artists give back to the organizers a little bit of time to create something to help the convention stay strong with a nice venue, solid guests, affordable ticket prices and an overall great experience for fans, creators and any other attendees. The auction prices follow the laws of supply and demand, which is fair - - it motivates collectors to go to the show as opposed to opening the auctions up online for non-attendees to participate and looks like a really fun event.

I wonder how much money is not spent inside waiting for the auction.

At least they do it Saturday night...so once I got blown out of the water in the auction I had another day of the show where everything seemed incredibly cheap and inexpensive by comparison.

Hey guys - I know that there was a forum member that attended the Friday dinner who was a HUGE fan of Superman #14. I can't recall now which of you it was - must be early dementia.

I just found pics of the original art for the cover - if you haven't seen it before, let me know and I will post it.