• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Bought this copy about a month or 2 back, i never thought id actually get one of these so im very happy

It has restoration but if it looked like this and wasnt restored i would not be able to afford the front cover lol

detectivecomics6-3-201063353PM.jpg

That was a GREAT acquisition on your part. I remember being a bit jelous when you first picked it up and thinking to myself..."when am I ever going to be fortunate enough to own one of those?".

Welcome to the club bro. (thumbs u

Left with just 4 at the minute, but will be 5 later this year

Most recent purchase, and took me a little while to pay off, Rare unrestored book, I doubtI will ever own a better copy.

Tec2855.jpg

Had this copy for a few months now,

Tec32cgc.jpg

Love this book, very difficult to pry out of Gator's hands and a pedigree to boot.

detective36Crippencgc45.jpg

And last but not least this book, last second bid on a whim at heritage, 3rd unrestored copy I've owned so far.

lf-1.jpg

Just another one this year to arrive soon, hopefully will be able to pick it up when I fly to the the NY comic con later this year

WOW!

Every book there is simply unbelievable but your Tec #28 is my favorite of the bunch.

Detective Comics #28 = very tough to find.

Detective Comics #28 unrestored = impossible.

Detective Comics #28 unrestored in that grade = is that even real?

:jokealert:

:golfclap:

Alright, another thread on pre-Robin 'Tecs! Yay!

calling sacentaur...

Well, if you insist... lol

100_1615.jpg

Detective 31 - picked up this copy within the past few years in a trade with a good friend (local collector). It has slight professional restoration, but near white pages and presents very well in my humble opinion.

Detective 35 - obtained this nearly three decades ago out of an ad from The Comics Buyers Guide. Wonderful colors and great pages, but the top staple was popped so I had it re-attached. So again, slight professional restoration but another copy that I think presents very well.

Love 'em both! :cloud9::cloud9:

and I've seen both in hand--very very nice (thumbs u Steve!

I also figured it might be fun to keep a checklist of how many copies of each issue we've seen posted here in the Pre-Robin Tec Club.

Obviously this will be far from scientific as I'm sure other members have copies of various issues that they might not post here specifically or might post elsewhere on the boards; but if this thread catches on, we might begin to get a more accurate reflection of what people have.

Here's what we've seen so far...

Tec #27: 0

Tec #28: 1

Tec #29: 0

Tec #30: 0

Tec #31: 1

Tec #32: 1

Tec #33: 1

Tec #34: 0

Tec #35: 1

Tec #36: 4

Tec #37: 1

Amazing stuff; keep em coming guys. (thumbs u

(worship) (worship)

27 won't be long at this rate Andre.

Can't do it. I need DR. money :baiting:

YOu coming to SDCC

Nope it's too far to fly from the UK for a weekend trip

We'll miss you. Might be coming to London late fall. I'll drop you a line.

(worship) (worship)

27 won't be long at this rate Andre.

Can't do it. I need DR. money :baiting:

YOu coming to SDCC

Nope it's too far to fly from the UK for a weekend trip

We'll miss you. Might be coming to London late fall. I'll drop you a line.

Sweet, we'll have to arrange a UK boardies soiree again.

Here's my contribution. 31 and 34 are being picked up at SDCC. That leaves me with only 27, not sure how I'm going to do it, but we all need to dream!!!!

sc0005ccfe.jpg

sc0005de0a.jpg

tec30crippin.jpg

sc0269b1c2.jpg

sc0003384e.jpg

sc0025bb9a.jpg

sc005ec9d3.jpg

sc005eb653.jpg

:o

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

AMAZING!

I mean really...WOW!!

How is that even possible?

Might very well be the most impressive Pre-Robin Tec run I've seen to-date. Literally, every book there is amazing but I'm particularly fond of your Tec #33.

Wonder why? hm

I think that it is about time that we began a club devoted to one of the most beloved runs in the history of the Golden Age; the famous "Pre-Robin Tec" run.

Detective Comics #27-37...

*Your copy: how did you get it?

*Where did you get it from?

*Why did you get it?

*What kind of condition is it in?

*Stories behind the book.

*Interested in picking up a copy?

*Interested in picking up another copy?

Pretty much anything that you can think of related to the Pre-Robin Tec run is fair game. (thumbs u

If my new display name hasn't already given it away, allow me to be the first to share...

mine3.jpg

Detective Comics #33: CGC .5 (Back cover missing; WHITE Pages)

This was a book that I had wanted for many years. I learned long ago that Detective Comics #27 would be way out of my price-range and at this point, the same could be said of any copy of Batman #1 that isn't coverless.

I was very fortunate that a fellow board-member, "Bat-Man", was willing to sell me his copy. It was a book that I had wanted ever since he first shared it with me and I feel very fortunate to now be able to call it my own.

Obviously the book has been through a lot. It has some serious mouse-chew and the back-cover is missing. What I found amazing is that despite the obvious defects, what remains of the book is still in fantastic condition. White pages and the classic image of Batman on the front-cover is still 100% in-tact.

If it were not for the defects, this book would have never been anywhere near my price-range and I'd have to settle for a higher graded copy of a much less significant issue. Detective Comics #33 has always been one of my personal favorites because I simply love the cover and feel that the story of Batman's origin is the most important Golden Age story ever told.

And thus...I'm proud to call myself "Detective33Kid". :cloud9:

thats great!

it has white pages (thumbs u

I think that it is about time that we began a club devoted to one of the most beloved runs in the history of the Golden Age; the famous "Pre-Robin Tec" run.

*Why did you get it?

Pretty much anything that you can think of related to the Pre-Robin Tec run is fair game. (thumbs u

If my new display name hasn't already given it away, allow me to be the first to share...

mine3.jpg

This was a book that I had wanted for many years. I learned long ago that Detective Comics #27 would be way out of my price-range and at this point, the same could be said of any copy of Batman #1 that isn't coverless.

I was very fortunate that a fellow board-member, "Bat-Man", was willing to sell me his copy. It was a book that I had wanted ever since he first shared it with me and I feel very fortunate to now be able to call it my own.

Obviously the book has been through a lot. It has some serious mouse-chew and the back-cover is missing. What I found amazing is that despite the obvious defects, what remains of the book is still in fantastic condition. White pages and the classic image of Batman on the front-cover is still 100% in-tact.

If it were not for the defects, this book would have never been anywhere near my price-range and I'd have to settle for a higher graded copy of a much less significant issue. Detective Comics #33 has always been one of my personal favorites because I simply love the cover and feel that the story of Batman's origin is the most important Golden Age story ever told.

Great name and congrats! Now, I just need a pre-robin Tec to join this club.

*Why did you get it?

mine3.jpg

You need a Tec 31 for the club and for "mind explosion" :baiting:

:grin:

thats great!

That it does!

I've only seen one other copy with white pages and it's on eBay right now last time I checked (not sure if a board member owns it or not). There's a chance that mine is one of only two graded copies in existence with white pages!

A very special copy indeed. :cloud9:

Thanks!

I love the name too and don't worry, with the types of books I know you have in your collection...I'm sure it will only be a matter of time. (thumbs u

*Why did you get it?

mine3.jpg

You need a Tec 31 for the club and for "mind explosion" :baiting:

:grin:

Definitely like Tec 31 :luhv: and for "mind explosion" as you mention. Also, thinking hm 29 or 35.

thats great!

Say what you will, Tec 33 is great due to its historical importance. (thumbs u

No question about it.

As I've said before, Batman's origin from Tec #33 is arguably the most important GA story ever told. I think the issue's truly GREAT cover gets lost a little bit due to some pretty stiff competion within the run.