• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2022 at 9:22 PM, ft88 said:

Does Tec 36 get a bump over Tec 37 due to the 1st Hugo Strange?

Or is it simply about which cover is better/preferred. 

I much prefer the cover to Tec 37 but 36 is worth more than 37 per point

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 12/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, ft88 said:

Does Tec 36 get a bump over Tec 37 due to the 1st Hugo Strange?

Or is it simply about which cover is better/preferred. 

Well, since both of these issues are not considered to be classic covers, then the mere fact that 'Tec 36 has a rather significant first appearance in the form of Hugo Strange has definitely and rightfully given it a big bump over 'Tec 37 for quite a few decades now.  (thumbsu

On 12/27/2022 at 6:28 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, since both of these issues are not considered to be classic covers, then the mere fact that 'Tec 36 has a rather significant first appearance in the form of Hugo Strange has definitely and rightfully given it a big bump over 'Tec 37 for quite a few decades now.  (thumbsu

Decades? I had both around 10-15 years ago and in the same grade, they were about the same price.

On 12/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, D84 said:
On 12/27/2022 at 4:28 PM, lou_fine said:

Decades? I had both around 10-15 years ago and in the same grade, they were about the same price.

Not sure about 10-15 years ago, but I do remember picking up my copies almost 30 years ago and the 'Tec 36 cost me slightly more money than the 'Tec 37, even though the latter was in slightly better condition.  (thumbsu

Maybe that was also because Overstreet had a slightly higher valuation on the 'Tec 36 even back then, and if you check the current edition of the guide, a huge valuation difference with 'Tec 36 way ahead of the 'Tec 37 FWIW.  (shrug)

On 12/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Some rather weak results for a couple Tec35s last night on CC

I am quite sure that the mere fact of having two copies of the book in somewhat close mid-grade condition didn't help the results at all.  hm

On 2/14/2023 at 12:45 AM, Gotham Kid said:

both are my former copies

Wow, didn't know that...............were you able to upgrade or are you streamlining your pre-Robin 'Tec collection to only the Batman covers?  ???

Hopefully, you are not exiting the pre-Robin 'Tec market completely and also hope that you was able to sell both your copies of 'Tec 30 and 34 for good money.  :wishluck:

Well, that's certainly a different approach to take as most collectors generally try to upgrade over time, which is not necessary in your case as you already had relatively high grade copies with your CGC 8.0 copies.  hm

Then again, I guess this provides you with the additional funds to acquire some of the other books that you might be missing from completing your pre-Robin 'Tec run here.  (thumbsu

On 2/14/2023 at 7:42 AM, lou_fine said:
On 2/14/2023 at 12:45 AM, Gotham Kid said:

both are my former copies

Wow, didn't know that...............were you able to upgrade or are you streamlining your pre-Robin 'Tec collection to only the Batman covers?  ???

Hopefully, you are not exiting the pre-Robin 'Tec market completely and also hope that you was able to sell both your copies of 'Tec 30 and 34 for good money.  :wishluck:

I was hoping you are lol.  I wanna win something that is still relatively affordable :wavingwhiteflag::wishluck: