• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Don't forget about the Turtlemania books. The regular edition had 3,000 copies, but the Silver only had 100 and the Gold only had 10. To my knowledge, only 2 of the Gold copies have surfaced since they were originally distributed.

(shrug)

The gold is a "dustjacket". There's printing inside, but no art on the back.

(shrug)

turtlemaniaspecial1-f.jpg

There are now FOUR books in this thread that I never knew existed....

Which, of course, is why I started it.

:cloud9:

Self-serving butt-monkey. :mad:

Actually, its a very good thread...so you get a flower for your efforts. :foryou:

My understanding (from both Wikipedia and the Ebay description of the one that sold last month) is the Superman Bradman was limited to 25 copies, not 100.

Not that I doubt Ian Levine's estimate of 100, as he said he bought his copy from the kid featured in the comic itself. Levine also states that--contrary to the listing in Overstreet's, Wikipedia, etc. it was _not_ actually produced for the kid's birthday.

I'm most curious about how much the comic cost to produce, as apparently the guy simply commissioned it from DC--a genuine Superman book with Curt Swan art featuring likenesses of his whole family. Anyone know?

This is turning out to be a great thread. Here are a few more hard to find items.

Dead Air (GN)

Silverwolf Comics and Ashcans

Graphique Musique

Bizzare Sex #9

Omaha Cat Dancer

Rust #12 – 1st Terminator

Blip #1 – 1st Mario Bros. & Donkey Kong

Love and Rockets #1 (1st Print)

Ninja High School #1-3

Speaking of Omaha you'd be amiss not to mention this rarity:

omaha-2-pocket-preview.jpg

Jeez, is their a rare comic you DON'T have :makepoint:

Supply and demand, most of the books talked about in this thread have low supply but also low demand. The key is low supply and high demand. ;)

It only takes 2 people to drive up the price of anything :gossip:

Supply and demand, most of the books talked about in this thread have low supply but also low demand. The key is low supply and high demand. ;)

It only takes 2 people to drive up the price of anything :gossip:

doh!

Oh no. Not another thread on that topic.

:baiting:

Well , Ive got Rust # 12. What a crappy book when you see it.

The artwork inside the Terminator books from the first series are some of the worst ever published. But it's fun to have the preview/1st appearance.

Well , Ive got Rust # 12. What a crappy book when you see it.

The artwork inside the Terminator books from the first series are some of the worst ever published. But it's fun to have the preview/1st appearance.

There's nothing like being able to out-nerd another nerd on obscure stuff that no one else has a clue about!

And wow, Nick, I've had signature's off so long I just noticed you putting together those Xenozoic sets! Very nice!

There are now FOUR books in this thread that I never knew existed....

Which, of course, is why I started it.

:cloud9:

Self-serving butt-monkey. :mad:

Actually, its a very good thread...so you get a flower for your efforts. :foryou:

What, you couldn't see my motives from the first post...?

;)

There's not much about the 80's in comics I don't know...it has been, after all, exhaustively documented...but when I find out something I don't know, that just makes my day.

And gives me something new to look for.... (thumbs u

And wow, Nick, I've had signature's off so long I just noticed you putting together those Xenozoic sets! Very nice!

:blush:

Thanks Chuck.

I'm coming after you! :sumo:

I finally decided to join the registry. :banana:

But now I have to dig my books out of storage since most are in the old holders, and I can't read the registration # from my scans. :frustrated: